Re: HELP! Java & .NET Interop

  • fun_guidebook <fun_guidebook@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2003
      The good news, is that Java and .NET do interop. I'm doing the same
      thing that you're doing and it works well. Your soap body looks
      ok ... Double check the spelling (and case) of the parameter name.
      It's got to be exactly the same for it to work.

      fun_guidebook@...
      Fun in North Central Florida
      http://www.lesliedunn.com/101/fun.html

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "griffinc18 <griffinc18@y...>"

      ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/e
      > nvelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      > <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      > <GetDocument><deliveryLogID>12</deliveryLogID></GetDocument>
      > </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      >

      > Why would the deliveryLogID be changed to 0 when it hit the .NET
      Web
      > Service?
      >
      > Any help would be great.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -Griffin
    • Griffin Caprio
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2003
        Thanks for the heads up, but I actually fixed the
        problem. It had to do with how I was costructing the
        request in the java proxy. If it isn't EXACTLY how
        the web service wants it, it won't be read correctly.
        This includes line breaks.

        -Griffin

        <fun_guidebook@...> wrote:
        > The good news, is that Java and .NET do interop.
        > I'm doing the same
        > thing that you're doing and it works well. Your
        > soap body looks
        > ok ... Double check the spelling (and case) of the
        > parameter name.
        > It's got to be exactly the same for it to work.
        >
        > fun_guidebook@...
        > Fun in North Central Florida
        > http://www.lesliedunn.com/101/fun.html
        >
        > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "griffinc18
        > <griffinc18@y...>"
        > <griffinc18@y...> wrote:
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > This is my first post to the group. Here is my
        > problem:
        > >
        > > I have a .NET web service that has one function,
        > GetDocument,
        > which
        > > takes a int ID.
        > >
        > > I have a Java Apache SOAP client that communicates
        > with this web
        > > service.
        > >
        > > My problem is that when I build the Message for
        > the .NET service,
        > it
        > > contains the ID that I want to use. However, when
        > the .NET web
        > > service starts, it always has an ID of 0. Here is
        > an example of
        > the
        > > request:
        > >
        > > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
        > ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/e
        > > nvelope/"

        > > xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
        > > <SOAP-ENV:Body>

        <GetDocument><deliveryLogID>12</deliveryLogID></GetDocument>
        > > </SOAP-ENV:Body>
        > >

        > > Why would the deliveryLogID be changed to 0 when
        > it hit the .NET
        > Web
        > > Service?
        > >
        > > Any help would be great.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > -Griffin

        =====
        Griffin Caprio
        "Your child against mine. The winner
        will be hailed, the loser will be booed
        until my throat hurts!" - Homer Simpson to Marge

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com