Post simple soap messages

  • entitytype <entitytype@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2003
      Hi :
      I want to post simple soap messages from client to server using java
      Can anyone please show where to find examples. My server is a
      servlet which is going to parse the soap message and create responses.

      Thanks

      _ Mathu
    • fun_guidebook <fun_guidebook@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2003
        The simplest way is to use a GET.

        You can set up a URL to your service, like
        http://ComputerName/virtualdirectory/ServiceName?Paramter=value

        But for a POST, I use:

        h = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
        h.setRequestMethod( "POST");
        h.setDoOutput(true);
        h.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=utf-8");
        h.setRequestProperty("Content-Length", "" + postString.length());
        h.setRequestProperty("SOAPAction", "yournamespace/" + Method);

        try
        {
        // send the soap request
        PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter(h.getOutputStream());
        out.println(postString);
        out.close();

        // get an input stream; read and parse the XML result
        responseCode = h.getResponseCode();
        if (responseCode == 200)
        in = h.getInputStream();
        }