HELP! Java & .NET Interop

  • griffinc18 <griffinc18@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2003
      Hello,

      This is my first post to the group. Here is my problem:

      I have a .NET web service that has one function, GetDocument, which
      takes a int ID.

      I have a Java Apache SOAP client that communicates with this web
      service.

      My problem is that when I build the Message for the .NET service, it
      contains the ID that I want to use. However, when the .NET web
      service starts, it always has an ID of 0. Here is an example of the
      request:

      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/e
      nvelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <GetDocument><deliveryLogID>12</deliveryLogID></GetDocument>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>

      Why would the deliveryLogID be changed to 0 when it hit the .NET Web
      Service?

      Any help would be great.

      Thanks,
      -Griffin
    • fun_guidebook <fun_guidebook@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2003
        The good news, is that Java and .NET do interop. I'm doing the same
        thing that you're doing and it works well. Your soap body looks
        ok ... Double check the spelling (and case) of the parameter name.
        It's got to be exactly the same for it to work.

        fun_guidebook@...
        Fun in North Central Florida
        http://www.lesliedunn.com/101/fun.html

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "griffinc18 <griffinc18@y...>"
        <griffinc18@y...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > This is my first post to the group. Here is my problem:
        >
        > I have a .NET web service that has one function, GetDocument,
        which
        > takes a int ID.
        >
        > I have a Java Apache SOAP client that communicates with this web
        > service.
        >
        > My problem is that when I build the Message for the .NET service,
        it
        > contains the ID that I want to use. However, when the .NET web
        > service starts, it always has an ID of 0. Here is an example of
        the
        > request:
        >
        > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
        ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/e
        > nvelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        > <SOAP-ENV:Body>
        > <GetDocument><deliveryLogID>12</deliveryLogID></GetDocument>
        > </SOAP-ENV:Body>
        >

        > Why would the deliveryLogID be changed to 0 when it hit the .NET
        Web
        > Service?
        >
        > Any help would be great.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -Griffin
      • Griffin Caprio
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2003
          Thanks for the heads up, but I actually fixed the
          problem. It had to do with how I was costructing the
          request in the java proxy. If it isn't EXACTLY how
          the web service wants it, it won't be read correctly.
          This includes line breaks.

          <fun_guidebook@...> wrote:
          > The good news, is that Java and .NET do interop.
          > I'm doing the same
          > thing that you're doing and it works well. Your
          > soap body looks
          > ok ... Double check the spelling (and case) of the
          > parameter name.
          > It's got to be exactly the same for it to work.
          >
          > fun_guidebook@...
          > Fun in North Central Florida
          > http://www.lesliedunn.com/101/fun.html
          >
          > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "griffinc18
          > <griffinc18@y...>"
          > <griffinc18@y...> wrote:
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > This is my first post to the group. Here is my
          > problem:
          > >
          > > I have a .NET web service that has one function,
          > GetDocument,
          > which
          > > takes a int ID.
          > >
          > > I have a Java Apache SOAP client that communicates
          > with this web
          > > service.
          > >
          > > My problem is that when I build the Message for
          > the .NET service,
          > it
          > > contains the ID that I want to use. However, when
          > the .NET web
          > > service starts, it always has an ID of 0. Here is
          > an example of
          > the
          > > request:
          > >
          > > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
          > ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/e
          > > nvelope/"

          > > xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
          > > <SOAP-ENV:Body>

          <GetDocument><deliveryLogID>12</deliveryLogID></GetDocument>
          > > </SOAP-ENV:Body>
          > >

          > > Why would the deliveryLogID be changed to 0 when
          > it hit the .NET
          > Web
          > > Service?
          > >
          > > Any help would be great.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > -Griffin

          =====
          Griffin Caprio
          "Your child against mine. The winner
          will be hailed, the loser will be booed
          until my throat hurts!" - Homer Simpson to Marge

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com