White Mesa SOAP 1.2 test endpoint updated

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
      Hello,

      The White Mesa SOAP 1.2 endpoints supporting the "Test Collection" snapshot
      of 2002-10-22 has been updated to conform to the CR. WSDL doc at:

      http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/soap12-test.wsdl

      and index of simple test clients at:

      http://www.whitemesa.net/test-soap12/soap12-test-index.htm

      RC
    • Yunhao Zhang
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 22, 2002
        Bob,

        Hmm, I see a new encoding style in the soap12-test.wsdl file:

        xmlns:enc="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding"

        is it a recent update or a typo?

        I sent a request message to the endpoint at http://www.whitemesa.net/soap12/test-rpc:

        <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-envelope" xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:enc="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding" xmlns:tns="http://whitemesa.net/wsdl/soap12-test" xmlns:types="http://example.org/ts-tests/xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" >
        <SOAP-ENV:Header>
        <test:echoOk xmlns:test="http://example.org/ts-tests/xsd">SQLData Test String (6a7abb69-5207-46cf-b73a-a7f13f5f1638)</test:echoOk>
        </SOAP-ENV:Header><SOAP-ENV:Body>
        </SOAP-ENV:Body>
        </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

        got a version mismatch back:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
        <SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode xmlns:ns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">ns:VersionMismatch</faultcode><faultstring>SOAP Version Mismatch</faultstring></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

        Note that it has a version 1.1 envelope. Any idea what's wrong in the request message?

        Thanks,

        Yunhao

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 22, 2002

          Yes, the namespace URI in the WSDL have been updated to conform to the
          Candidate Rec [1], and the implementation upgraded to support it. Something
          to be aware of is the change in the Fault message format, spec. 4.2.2 "SOAP
          Reason Element".

          RC

          [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part1/

          > Bob,
          >
          > Hmm, I see a new encoding style in the soap12-test.wsdl file:
          >
          > xmlns:enc="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding"
          >
          > is it a recent update or a typo?
          >
          > I sent a request message to the endpoint at
          http://www.whitemesa.net/soap12/test-rpc:

          > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
          xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-envelope"
          xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/"
          xmlns:enc="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding"
          xmlns:tns="http://whitemesa.net/wsdl/soap12-test"
          xmlns:types="http://example.org/ts-tests/xsd"
          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" >
          > <SOAP-ENV:Header>
          > <test:echoOk xmlns:test="http://example.org/ts-tests/xsd">SQLData Test
          String (6a7abb69-5207-46cf-b73a-a7f13f5f1638)</test:echoOk>
          > </SOAP-ENV:Header><SOAP-ENV:Body>
          > </SOAP-ENV:Body>
          > </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
          >
          > got a version mismatch back:
          >
          > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope
          > <SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode
          xmlns:ns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">ns:VersionMismatch</fau
          ltcode><faultstring>SOAP Version
          Mismatch</faultstring></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

          > Note that it has a version 1.1 envelope. Any idea what's wrong in the
          request message?

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Yunhao

        • Mostafa El-Zoghbi
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 22, 2002

            Good night ,

            i want the Soap implementation in c,c++, VC 6 . and any meterials that can understand me the design of this protcol. coz i want it in my graduatoin project in "Web Services Security" .

            Mostafa M.Arafa

            Computer Science Department .

            FCIS-Egypt .

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • Mostafa El-Zoghbi
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 22, 2002

              Hi ,

              I want the Soap  implementation in C,C++,VC 6 and any  other meterials that can understand me the design of this protocol , because i  want it im my graduation project "Web Services Security " .

              Please ,Reply as soon as possible .

            • boruvka@systinet.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 22, 2002
                Hi Mostafa,
                I would like to recommend you to look at WASP Server for C++..

                Please see the link bellow

                Regards,
                Milan

                  I want the Soap  implementation in C,C++,VC 6 and any  other meterials that can understand me the design of this protocol , because i  want it im my graduation project "Web Services Security " .

                  Please ,Reply as soon as possible .

                  Mostafa M.Arafa

                  Computer Science Department .

                  FCIS-Egypt .

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                • Robert van Engelen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 23, 2002

                    The gSOAP web services toolkit for C and C++ includes a SSL secure
                    server and a client example. Just compile and run. You may have to
                    install OpenSSL if you don't have it on your system already.

                    - Robert

                    On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 05:17 PM, Mostafa El-Zoghbi wrote:

                    > Hi ,
                    >
                    > I want the Soap  implementation in C,C++,VC 6 and any  other meterials
                    > that can understand me the design of this protocol , because i  want
                    > it im my graduation project "Web Services Security " .
                    >
                    > Please ,Reply as soon as possible .
                    >
                    > Mostafa M.Arafa
                    >
                    > Computer Science Department .
                    >
                    > FCIS-Egypt .

                    <image.tiff>

                    > Do you Yahoo!?
                    <image.tiff>

                  • Mostafa El-Zoghbi
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 24, 2002

                      HI,

                      Thanks robert for yr fast reply , i was didn't know the gSoap toolkit.

                      i know only  :

                      1- MS soap toolkit .

                      2- WASP Server for C++ .

                      3- Vordel Secure WS .

                      but,i want to see this various Design for Security models in each of these tool because i want to design my design in client and server Security for Web services.

                      if u have any meterials for this Authorization and Authentication process and other aspects of secuirty model, i want it .

                      please,Reply as soon as pssible .

                       Robert van Engelen <engelen@...> wrote:

                      Hi,

                      The gSOAP web services toolkit for C and C++ includes a SSL secure
                      server and a client example. Just compile and run. You may have to
                      install OpenSSL if you don't have it on your system already.

                      - Robert

                      On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 05:17 PM, Mostafa El-Zoghbi wrote:

                      > Hi ,
                      >
                      > I want the Soap  implementation in C,C++,VC 6 and any  other meterials
                      > that can understand me the design of this protocol , because i  want
                      > it im my graduation project "Web Services Security " .
                      >
                      > Please ,Reply as soon as possible .
                      >
                      > Mostafa M.Arafa
                      >
                      > Computer Science Department .
                      >
                      > FCIS-Egypt .