About Connection to Axis by a Delphi 6 Application

  • Soheil Dowlatshahi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hello Dears

      I can create some web services in my web application by Axis under JRun Application Server.

      I can use this services by Java Application or JSPs,I try to use these services by a simple Delphi Application using SOAP Components
      as I can understand They connect to the Axis because they don't give me any error or exception.

      but they didn't give me the result

      for example if  I declare a web service name HelloWorldService by this java class

      public class HelloWorldService
      {
          public String getMessage(String callerName)
          {
              return " Hello " + callerName + " !";
          }
      }

      after deploying it and getting its genereated wsdl . I can use it by a Simple Java Application or JSP web application.

      but we I use delphi and generate this interface for it but Delphi's WebService Importer.

      HelloWorldService = interface
      []
      function getMessage(callerName : WideString) : WideString;
      end;

      When  I want to use This Interface by THTTPRio Component named X

      HelloWorldService hws = X as HelloWorldService
      calllerName := 'Soheil';
      s := hws.getMessag(callerName);

      it give me nothing in s (both s an callerName are WideString variables) and it doesn't create exception.

      please tell me why?

      Sincerely yours
      Soheil Dowlatshahi