Re: [soapbuilders] Round 4 MIME endpoints

  • Tomas Bahnik
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2002
      The comment about href is that the type
      {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href used in

      <element name="Item" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="types:href">

      in undefined in the wsdl

      Tomas

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2002
        got it, thanks. I've put up a revised version.

        I'm hoping to get some MIME client results up over the weekend.

        www.pocketsoap.com

        On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:51:46 +0200, in ws you wrote:

        >The comment about href is that the type
        >{http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href used in
        >
        ><element name="Item" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="types:href">
        >
        >in undefined in the wsdl
        >
        >Tomas
        >
        >> Thanks, i fixed the typo, but I don't understand your point about
        >> {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href. As this is a doc/literal
        >> test there's nothing that mandates the use of the unqualified id/href
        >> elements [as they're defined by the encoding spec], so i chose to use
        >> a NS qualified attribute, to mirror ws-attachments.
        >>
        >> Cheers
        >> Simon
        >> www.pocketsoap.com

      • Pete Hendry
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
          I don't understand why the attribute

          {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href

          is defined. It is meaningless in literal encoding. It is trying to
          impose a new attribute in literal encoding for MIME attachments which is
          not part of the spec and so you are introducing a new encoding since the
          content has to be "decoded" (which is not literal). Literal does not use
          href/id to reference mime attachments. Some form of metadata (WSDL in
          this case) is required to explicitely define the structure of the
          message and so allow matching MIME attachments as operation parameters.
          This href stuff certainly isn't "interop" which is the point of the
          testing!!

          Pete

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 11, 2002
            I'm not sure i see the problem, the WSDL uses the mime binding.
            Perhaps you can post an example of what you're expecting ?