Re: [soapbuilders] Round 4 MIME endpoints

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2002
      On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:10:20 +0200, in ws you wrote:

      >N.B. There is a typo in [5] namely
      >
      ><element name="EchoAttachment" type="types:EchoAttachmnent" />
      >
      >and there is also type {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href
      >
      >[5] http://www.pocketsoap.com/interop/mime-doc.wsdl
      >
      >Tomas Bahnik
      >Systinet Corp
      >www.systinet.com

      Thanks, i fixed the typo, but I don't understand your point about
      {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href. As this is a doc/literal
      test there's nothing that mandates the use of the unqualified id/href
      elements [as they're defined by the encoding spec], so i chose to use
      a NS qualified attribute, to mirror ws-attachments.

      www.pocketsoap.com
    • Tomas Bahnik
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2002
        The comment about href is that the type
        {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href used in

        <element name="Item" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="types:href">

        in undefined in the wsdl

        Tomas

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2002
          got it, thanks. I've put up a revised version.

          I'm hoping to get some MIME client results up over the weekend.

          www.pocketsoap.com

          On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:51:46 +0200, in ws you wrote:

          >The comment about href is that the type
          >{http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href used in
          >
          ><element name="Item" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="types:href">
          >
          >in undefined in the wsdl
          >
          >Tomas
          >
          >> Thanks, i fixed the typo, but I don't understand your point about
          >> {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href. As this is a doc/literal
          >> test there's nothing that mandates the use of the unqualified id/href
          >> elements [as they're defined by the encoding spec], so i chose to use
          >> a NS qualified attribute, to mirror ws-attachments.
          >>
          >> Cheers
          >> Simon
          >> www.pocketsoap.com

        • Pete Hendry
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
            I don't understand why the attribute

            {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href

            is defined. It is meaningless in literal encoding. It is trying to
            impose a new attribute in literal encoding for MIME attachments which is
            not part of the spec and so you are introducing a new encoding since the
            content has to be "decoded" (which is not literal). Literal does not use
            href/id to reference mime attachments. Some form of metadata (WSDL in
            this case) is required to explicitely define the structure of the
            message and so allow matching MIME attachments as operation parameters.
            This href stuff certainly isn't "interop" which is the point of the
            testing!!

            Pete

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 11, 2002
              I'm not sure i see the problem, the WSDL uses the mime binding.
              Perhaps you can post an example of what you're expecting ?