Re: [soapbuilders] experimental group G (DIME only) endpoints

  • Mitko Iliev
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2002

      Bob Cunnings wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Great, I've updated the round 4 page with this info.

      Thank you very much!

      > Testing with the White Mesa client resulted in success with
      > "echoAttachments" and "echoAttachment" for the rpc endpoint, and no
      luck at
      > all for the doc/literal endpoint.

      There was a bug in my SOAP server when Doc/Literal, it was asking for
      '@location' in WSDL , but trying to find a '@href' instead :-(
      Now server is fixed and is up again.

      > There was no trouble with the WSDL, the
      > client digested it happily. I've updated the WM group G test results,
      which
      > are linked to from the round 4 page [1]. Maybe you can take a look at the
      > message dumps and see if you spot anything.

      Unfortunately the cases that i'm trying to clean up now are not listed
      in these logs, as you indicated bellow :-(

      Best Regards,
      Mitko

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2002

        Re the doc/lit tests, here are some findings:

        echoBase64AsAttachment -- response message has content-type "text/xml",
        "application/dime" expected.
        echoAttachmentAsBase64, echoAttachmentAsString -- response message has
        content-type "application/dime", "text/xml" expected (i.e. DIME packaging of
        response not expected)
        echoAttachment, echoAttachments -- I'm getting a response like:

        HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
        Server: Virtuoso 03.00.2313
        Connection: close

        <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN">
        <head>
        <title>Error</title>
        </head>
        SQL Error 22023 SR014: Function dime_compose needs an array of string
        arrays as argument 1
        </xmp></body>

        echoUnrefAttachments -- I don't seem to be receiving any DIME payloads other
        than the primary payload.

        RC

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 7, 2002

          Bob Cunnings wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Re the doc/lit tests, here are some findings:
          >
          > echoBase64AsAttachment -- response message has content-type "text/xml",
          > "application/dime" expected.
          > echoAttachmentAsBase64, echoAttachmentAsString -- response message has
          > content-type "application/dime", "text/xml" expected (i.e. DIME packaging of
          > response not expected)
          > echoAttachment, echoAttachments -- I'm getting a response like:
          >
          > HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
          > Server: Virtuoso 03.00.2313
          > Connection: close
          >
          > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN">
          > <head>
          > <title>Error</title>
          > </head>
          > SQL Error 22023 SR014: Function dime_compose needs an array of string
          > arrays as argument 1
          > </xmp></body>

          I've fixed these, now DIME is used on places where is needed.
          Could you please update the White Mesa client results ?

          > echoUnrefAttachments -- I don't seem to be receiving any DIME payloads other
          > than the primary payload.

          This is still an issue , i'm trying to resolve it :-(

          Thanks you very much,
          Mitko

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2002

            echoBase64AsAttachment, echoAttachmentAsBase64 and echoAttachmentAsString
            all pass now.

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 14, 2002

              I've got the problem on echoAttachment(s) and echoUnrefAttachments,
              now endpoint is fixed.
              Could you re-test the OpenLink Virtuoso endpoint plase ?

              Thanks a lot,
              Mitko

              BTW: I think fixed echoUnrefAttachments, but i'm not sure
              what "id" to be returned : original or new one?
              sorry if question is trivial but i was unable to find a paper about this :-(

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 14, 2002

                Ok, I'll retest later today.

                Re the ids in the WS-Attachments messages, the WM test client
                does not expect the id of a given payload to be the same in the
                response message as in the request message. As long as the
                accessor in the response message ref's a payload identical to that
                sent, all is well. I've thought the scope of the id is purely local to
                the packaging, used to resolve the references found in the SOAP
                message, but that may be wrong. The case of
                echoUnrefAttachments raises an interesting point, however, on
                which the test spec is silent. Since they are not referenced from
                the SOAP message, does the id of the payloads matter at all? At
                the moment the WM client ignores the id of the echoed payloads,
                it only cares that it gets back the set of payloads it sends.

                The WM test endpoint happens to preserve the ids used in the
                request when echoing the payloads, just to be accomodating in
                case clients required it.

                This behavior may or may not be right. Simon, as author of the
                test, may be able to shed some light on this issue.

                RC

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 14, 2002

                  Looks good, all doc/lit tests pass.

                  Updated WM test results at
                  http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/results/r4/dime-doc/results.htm

                  RC

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I've got the problem on echoAttachment(s) and echoUnrefAttachments,
                  > now endpoint is fixed.
                  > Could you re-test the OpenLink Virtuoso endpoint plase ?
                  >
                  > Thanks a lot,
                  > Mitko
                  >
                  > BTW: I think fixed echoUnrefAttachments, but i'm not sure
                  > what "id" to be returned : original or new one?
                  > sorry if question is trivial but i was unable to find a paper about this
                  :-(

                • Mitko Iliev
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 15, 2002
                    Thank you very much!

                    BTW: Is the DIME-RPC results are updated also?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 15, 2002
                      --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Bob Cunnings" <cunnings@l...> wrote:
                      > This behavior may or may not be right. Simon, as author of the
                      > test, may be able to shed some light on this issue.

                      For echoUnrefAttachments I was expecting that you'd get the
                      attachments back in the same order as the request, but not
                      necessarily with the same IDs.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 16, 2002

                        > BTW: Is the DIME-RPC results are updated also?

                        They are now! All rpc operation pass.