Round 4 MIME endpoints

  • Tomas Bahnik
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3 3:10 AM
      Hi,
      there are new WASP for Java endpoints for Round 4 MIME interop. Wsdl are
      at [1,2] endpoints are at [3,4]. Any feedback is appreciated. Are there any
      other live MIME endpoints available? WhiteMesa doesn't list any.

      [1] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/R4MIMERPCService/wsdl
      [2] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/R4MIMEDocService/wsdl

      [3] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/R4MIMERPCService/
      [4] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/R4MIMEDocService/

      N.B. There is a typo in [5] namely

      <element name="EchoAttachment" type="types:EchoAttachmnent" />

      and there is also type {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href

      [5] http://www.pocketsoap.com/interop/mime-doc.wsdl

      Tomas Bahnik
      Systinet Corp
      www.systinet.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3 7:02 AM
        Hi,

        I've updated the table. AFAIK, there have been no others announced.

        RC

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3 6:57 PM
          On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:10:20 +0200, in ws you wrote:

          >N.B. There is a typo in [5] namely
          >
          ><element name="EchoAttachment" type="types:EchoAttachmnent" />
          >
          >and there is also type {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href
          >
          >[5] http://www.pocketsoap.com/interop/mime-doc.wsdl
          >
          >Tomas Bahnik
          >Systinet Corp
          >www.systinet.com

          Thanks, i fixed the typo, but I don't understand your point about
          {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href. As this is a doc/literal
          test there's nothing that mandates the use of the unqualified id/href
          elements [as they're defined by the encoding spec], so i chose to use
          a NS qualified attribute, to mirror ws-attachments.

          www.pocketsoap.com
        • Tomas Bahnik
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4 1:51 AM
            The comment about href is that the type
            {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href used in

            <element name="Item" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="types:href">

            in undefined in the wsdl

            Tomas

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4 6:22 PM
              got it, thanks. I've put up a revised version.

              I'm hoping to get some MIME client results up over the weekend.

              www.pocketsoap.com

              On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:51:46 +0200, in ws you wrote:

              >The comment about href is that the type
              >{http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href used in
              >
              ><element name="Item" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="types:href">
              >
              >in undefined in the wsdl
              >
              >Tomas
              >
              >> Thanks, i fixed the typo, but I don't understand your point about
              >> {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href. As this is a doc/literal
              >> test there's nothing that mandates the use of the unqualified id/href
              >> elements [as they're defined by the encoding spec], so i chose to use
              >> a NS qualified attribute, to mirror ws-attachments.
              >>
              >> Cheers
              >> Simon
              >> www.pocketsoap.com

            • Pete Hendry
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 7 4:05 AM
                I don't understand why the attribute

                {http://soapinterop.org/attachments/xsd}href

                is defined. It is meaningless in literal encoding. It is trying to
                impose a new attribute in literal encoding for MIME attachments which is
                not part of the spec and so you are introducing a new encoding since the
                content has to be "decoded" (which is not literal). Literal does not use
                href/id to reference mime attachments. Some form of metadata (WSDL in
                this case) is required to explicitely define the structure of the
                message and so allow matching MIME attachments as operation parameters.
                This href stuff certainly isn't "interop" which is the point of the
                testing!!

                Pete

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 11 10:37 PM
                  I'm not sure i see the problem, the WSDL uses the mime binding.
                  Perhaps you can post an example of what you're expecting ?