XSD Interop Test specification and WSDL mismatch

  • Arun Gupta
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002

      XSD Interop test specification [1] defines echoEnums, echoAnyType and
      echoAnyElement methods. However, both .NET and WM WSDL have echoEnum, RetAnyType
      and RetAny operations in the portType.

      Is the document not updated or the WSDLs not following the test specification ?

      [1] http://mssoapinterop.org/asmx/xsd/

      Regards,
      -Arun

      There is only one me, I must live myself!
      There is only one today, I must live itself!
      http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html
    • John Koropchak
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
        Thank you for this feedback Arun.

        Both the test specification and implementation [1] will have echoEnum,
        echoAnyType and echoAnyElement.
        Please let me know if this is a problem for anyone.

        Thanks

        [1] http://mssoapinterop.org/asmx/xsd/

        -john

        XSD Interop test specification [1] defines echoEnums, echoAnyType and
        echoAnyElement methods. However, both .NET and WM WSDL have echoEnum,
        RetAnyType
        and RetAny operations in the portType.

        Is the document not updated or the WSDLs not following the test
        specification ?

        [1] http://mssoapinterop.org/asmx/xsd/

        Regards,
        -Arun

        There is only one me, I must live myself!
        There is only one today, I must live itself!
        http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Arun Gupta
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
          Thanks John for updating this.

          Do you also plan to separate the test specification and published WSDL ?
          This will ensure that echo2DStringMultiOccurs is available atleast in
          the test specification.

          Another thing that might be helpful in the test specification is to
          create hyperlinks from each method described at the top to the sample
          messages for them

          Regards,
          -Arun

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
            I've updated the White Mesa endpoint and WSDL as required. I notice you've
            dropped the SOAP 1.2 binding.

            RC

            > Thank you for this feedback Arun.
            >
            > Both the test specification and implementation [1] will have echoEnum,
            > echoAnyType and echoAnyElement.
            > Please let me know if this is a problem for anyone.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > [1] http://mssoapinterop.org/asmx/xsd/
            >
            > -john

          • John Koropchak
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
              Hi Bob

              I put back the Soap 1.2 binding.

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002

                Ok, thanks. Unfortunately, I think the soap:address value of
                "http://mssoapinterop.org/round4xsd.asmx" is now wrong. My client can't
                connect to it, but if I force it to use the old value
                http://mssoapinterop.org/asmx/xsd/round4XSD.wsdl all is well.

                BTW I've discovered in testing the echoVoidSoapHeader operation that the
                endpoint echoes the header only when the header is targeted at actor "next".
                When targeted at the default actor implicitly (no actor attr) then the test
                fails.

                RC