Re: [soapbuilders] experimental group G (DIME only) endpoints

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002

      Great, I've updated the round 4 page with this info.

      Testing with the White Mesa client resulted in success with
      "echoAttachments" and "echoAttachment" for the rpc endpoint, and no luck at
      all for the doc/literal endpoint. There was no trouble with the WSDL, the
      client digested it happily. I've updated the WM group G test results, which
      are linked to from the round 4 page [1]. Maybe you can take a look at the
      message dumps and see if you spot anything. I'm not sure what's going on
      with the "base64" type operations for both endpoints, they left no trace in
      the log. I'll have to look at those again with tcptrace when I've got more
      time.

      [1] http://www.whitemesa.net/r4/interop4.html

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I've build a experimental services of group G (DIME only):
      > http://imitko.pv.openlinksw.bg:8890/r4/groupG/dime/rpc
      > http://imitko.pv.openlinksw.bg:8890/r4/groupG/dime/doc
      > and WSDLs respectively:
      > http://imitko.pv.openlinksw.bg:8890/r4/groupG/dime/rpc/services.wsdl
      > http://imitko.pv.openlinksw.bg:8890/r4/groupG/dime/doc/services.wsdl.
      >
      > But i can't find a web based client to try them :-(
      >
      > Could anyone try these ?
      >
      > Thanks a lot,
      > Mitko
      >
      > --
      > Mitko Iliev Email : imitko@...
      > Developer Web : http://www.openlinksw.com
      > OpenLink Software Phone : +359 32 637 475
      > Universal Database Connectivity Technology Providers

    • Mitko Iliev
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2002

        Bob Cunnings wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Great, I've updated the round 4 page with this info.

        Thank you very much!

        > Testing with the White Mesa client resulted in success with
        > "echoAttachments" and "echoAttachment" for the rpc endpoint, and no
        luck at
        > all for the doc/literal endpoint.

        There was a bug in my SOAP server when Doc/Literal, it was asking for
        '@location' in WSDL , but trying to find a '@href' instead :-(
        Now server is fixed and is up again.

        > There was no trouble with the WSDL, the
        > client digested it happily. I've updated the WM group G test results,
        which
        > are linked to from the round 4 page [1]. Maybe you can take a look at the
        > message dumps and see if you spot anything.

        Unfortunately the cases that i'm trying to clean up now are not listed
        in these logs, as you indicated bellow :-(

        Best Regards,
        Mitko

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2002

          Re the doc/lit tests, here are some findings:

          echoBase64AsAttachment -- response message has content-type "text/xml",
          "application/dime" expected.
          echoAttachmentAsBase64, echoAttachmentAsString -- response message has
          content-type "application/dime", "text/xml" expected (i.e. DIME packaging of
          response not expected)
          echoAttachment, echoAttachments -- I'm getting a response like:

          HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
          Server: Virtuoso 03.00.2313
          Connection: close

          <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN">
          <head>
          <title>Error</title>
          </head>
          SQL Error 22023 SR014: Function dime_compose needs an array of string
          arrays as argument 1
          </xmp></body>

          echoUnrefAttachments -- I don't seem to be receiving any DIME payloads other
          than the primary payload.

          RC

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2002

            Bob Cunnings wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Re the doc/lit tests, here are some findings:
            >
            > echoBase64AsAttachment -- response message has content-type "text/xml",
            > "application/dime" expected.
            > echoAttachmentAsBase64, echoAttachmentAsString -- response message has
            > content-type "application/dime", "text/xml" expected (i.e. DIME packaging of
            > response not expected)
            > echoAttachment, echoAttachments -- I'm getting a response like:
            >
            > HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
            > Server: Virtuoso 03.00.2313
            > Connection: close
            >
            > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN">
            > <head>
            > <title>Error</title>
            > </head>
            > SQL Error 22023 SR014: Function dime_compose needs an array of string
            > arrays as argument 1
            > </xmp></body>

            I've fixed these, now DIME is used on places where is needed.
            Could you please update the White Mesa client results ?

            > echoUnrefAttachments -- I don't seem to be receiving any DIME payloads other
            > than the primary payload.

            This is still an issue , i'm trying to resolve it :-(

            Thanks you very much,
            Mitko

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 7, 2002

              echoBase64AsAttachment, echoAttachmentAsBase64 and echoAttachmentAsString
              all pass now.

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 14, 2002

                I've got the problem on echoAttachment(s) and echoUnrefAttachments,
                now endpoint is fixed.
                Could you re-test the OpenLink Virtuoso endpoint plase ?

                Thanks a lot,
                Mitko

                BTW: I think fixed echoUnrefAttachments, but i'm not sure
                what "id" to be returned : original or new one?
                sorry if question is trivial but i was unable to find a paper about this :-(

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 14, 2002

                  Ok, I'll retest later today.

                  Re the ids in the WS-Attachments messages, the WM test client
                  does not expect the id of a given payload to be the same in the
                  response message as in the request message. As long as the
                  accessor in the response message ref's a payload identical to that
                  sent, all is well. I've thought the scope of the id is purely local to
                  the packaging, used to resolve the references found in the SOAP
                  message, but that may be wrong. The case of
                  echoUnrefAttachments raises an interesting point, however, on
                  which the test spec is silent. Since they are not referenced from
                  the SOAP message, does the id of the payloads matter at all? At
                  the moment the WM client ignores the id of the echoed payloads,
                  it only cares that it gets back the set of payloads it sends.

                  The WM test endpoint happens to preserve the ids used in the
                  request when echoing the payloads, just to be accomodating in
                  case clients required it.

                  This behavior may or may not be right. Simon, as author of the
                  test, may be able to shed some light on this issue.

                  RC

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 14, 2002

                    Looks good, all doc/lit tests pass.

                    Updated WM test results at
                    http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/results/r4/dime-doc/results.htm

                    RC

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > I've got the problem on echoAttachment(s) and echoUnrefAttachments,
                    > now endpoint is fixed.
                    > Could you re-test the OpenLink Virtuoso endpoint plase ?
                    >
                    > Thanks a lot,
                    > Mitko
                    >
                    > BTW: I think fixed echoUnrefAttachments, but i'm not sure
                    > what "id" to be returned : original or new one?
                    > sorry if question is trivial but i was unable to find a paper about this
                    :-(

                  • Mitko Iliev
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 15, 2002
                      Thank you very much!

                      BTW: Is the DIME-RPC results are updated also?

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 15, 2002
                        --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Bob Cunnings" <cunnings@l...> wrote:
                        > This behavior may or may not be right. Simon, as author of the
                        > test, may be able to shed some light on this issue.

                        For echoUnrefAttachments I was expecting that you'd get the
                        attachments back in the same order as the request, but not
                        necessarily with the same IDs.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 16, 2002

                          > BTW: Is the DIME-RPC results are updated also?

                          They are now! All rpc operation pass.