XSD Test results for PocketSOAP

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2002
      http://www.pocketsoap.com/weblog/SoapInterop/groupI.html

      both ASP.NET and the WhiteMesa endpoints look ok, except for the
      header tests on the WM endpoint.

      www.pocketsoap.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2002
        Hi Simon,

        The problem with the header tests is that you are sending a message not in
        conformance with the WSDL [1]. In these tests, the wsdl:message that is sent
        in the body is "echoVoidSoapHeaderSoapIn" which refers to an element
        "s2:echoVoidSoapHeader". This element is defined in the schema for namespace
        http://soapinterop.org (note the lack of trailing slash), not the same
        namespace as the header block itself, nor the response body message element!

        Tricky, eh? Looking in my logs, you are sending:

        TIME: 29/Sep/2002:06:19:29
        SOAP VERSION: 1.1
        SOAP URI: /interop/r4/wsdl-xsd
        Header Processor ProgID's: Interopsvc.interopr4wsdlHdr
        Method Handler ProgID: Interopsvc.interopr4wsdl
        SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org"
        Actor URI: ""
        Next Hop URL: ""

        REQUEST MESSAGE:
        <S:Envelope
        S:encodingStyle=""
        xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
        xmlns:a="http://soapinterop.org/"
        xmlns:b="http://soapinterop.org/echoheader/"
        xmlns:XS="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
        xmlns:XI="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

        <S:Header>
        <a:echoMeStringRequest
        S:actor="http://the.middle.of.nowhere.org/actor"><b:varString
        XI:type="XS:string">bang the drum</b:varString>
        </a:echoMeStringRequest>
        </S:Header>
        <S:Body><a:echoVoidSoapHeader></a:echoVoidSoapHeader>
        </S:Body></S:Envelope>

        where "echoVoidSoapHeader" is in the wrong namespace,
        "http://soapinterop.org/".

        If you look at the wire dumps for WM client testing at
        http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/results/r4/wsdl-xsd/results.htm you will
        see successful requests using the other namespace:

        RC

        [1] http://mssoapinterop.org/asmx/xsd/round4XSD.wsdl

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2002
          Thanks Bob, good catch. I've fixed that and posted revised results, a
          clean sweep for WM & ASP.NET

          www.pocketsoap.com