Telecon Minutes

  • Arun Gupta
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2002
      Here are the minutes of teleconference:

      Attended by
      -------------
      Rebecca Dias (IONA)
      Bruce Stevens (BEA)
      Rahul Sharma (Sun Microsystems)
      Doug Kohlert (Sun Microsystems)
      Doug (?) Liu (Web Methods)
      Bob Cunnings (Electrosonics)
      Simon Fell (Pocket SOAP)
      Sankar (Sun Microsystems)
      Fred Hartman (Web Methods)
      Eric Rajkovic (Oracle)
      ZD (Systinet)
      John Koropchak (Microsoft)
      Yasser (Microsoft)
      Keith Ballinger (Microsoft)

      Hosted by
      -----------
      Arun Gupta (Sun Microsystems)

      The discussion started with round IV action items. Arun has maintained a
      tracker page [1] for tracking these action items. HTTP Authentication
      was considered out of scope since it does not test anything at WSDL
      level. Session, DataSet and Collection/Map representation are moved to
      round V tests. We need to allocate couple of hours discussing these
      features during round V F2F.

      Also, this tracker page is linked from Round IV page [2].

      A poll was taken on who all might be attending Round V F2F, hosted by
      Sun Microsystems at Burlington campus. Here is the tenative list:

      How many? From
      -----------------------------
      2 WebMethods
      2 Systinet
      1-2 IONA
      1-2 Oracle
      1 Electrosonics
      1-2 Microsoft
      1-2 BEA
      2 Sun Microsystems

      New proposals for round V tests:
      - Part 2 for all base WSDLs with different schema versions
      - Testing the intermediaries

      Thanks,
      -Arun

      [1]. http://soapinterop.java.sun.com/soapbuilders/r4/tracker.html
      [2]. http://www.whitemesa.net/r4/interop4.html

      There is only one me, I must live myself!
      There is only one today, I must live itself!
      http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2002
        I could not make the call, but expect to be there for much of the time,
        representing Datapower. We will probably NOT have a system to test. :(

        Thanks.
        /r$
      • Dave Seidel
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2002
          Sorry we missed the telecon. Mark Ericson and I from Mindreef will be
          there with our SOAP monitoring/logging tool which, as before, will be
          served up from my laptop and accessible for everyone in the group to
          use. This time it will be a *much* more polished version (both UI and
          internals), and will have some useful features such as a SOAP sniffer
          (for those who would prefer not to proxy) and some other interesting
          things like a pseudocode view for WSDL.

          - Dave Seidel