Updated WM SOAP 1.2 endpoints for R2

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002

      The White Mesa SOAP 1.2 endpoints for Round 2 have been updated, this
      includes a shift to new endpoint URLs and new WSDL docs.

      http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/r2/base.wsdl
      http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/r2/groupB.wsdl
      http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/r2/groupC.wsdl

      These each define 3 ports:

      -- the existing SOAP 1.1 port using SOAP 1.1 encoding
      -- a new SOAP 1.2 port using SOAP 1.2 encoding
      -- a new SOAP 1.2 port using SOAP 1.1 encoding

      These use the WSDL SOAP 1.2 binding extensions set forth here:

      Use whatever port is required by your client.

      The Round 3 and DIME endpoints for SOAP 1.2 will be updated next.

      RC
    • Tomas Bahnik
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2002
        Bob,
        thank for your feedback.
        I have just rerun WASP tests using your new endpoints an compared them with
        the old ones. I have encountered few problems with new WSDLs

        1. base test [1] - soap11
        binding for soap11 InteropTestSoapBinding uses soap12 encodingStyle for
        echoString and echoStringArray so the WASP clients fails on response (
        exception The incoming token return[] is not an array) . The response is
        otherwise identical with the response received using old WSDL file [2]

        2. base test - soap12
        PASS except echoStructArray : Bad parameter: 'inputStructArray' on method
        'echoStructArray', I can't see any reason now, see SOAP conversation bellow

        (and echoDate fails too, but this is due to miliseconds precision)

        3. base test - soap12 - enc11 : no problem all PASS

        4. groupb - soap11 (old wsdl [3]) all PASS
        5. groupb - (new wsdl [4] )
        FAILS on consuming the wsdl file with exception No fault for binding fault
        null. The same occurs, of course, for all other ports in that new wsdl
        file.

        6. I will test group C later.

        I could provide you wiredumps as zipped file If you wish. I will publish
        them later today or tomorrow.

        [1] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/r2/base.wsdl
        [2] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/std/interop.wsdl
        [3] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/std/interopB.wsdl
        [4] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/r2/groupB.wsdl

        echoStructArray

        ==== REQUEST ==== http://www.whitemesa.net/interop/r2/base ==== 27.8.02
        11:24

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <e:Envelope xmlns:e="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-envelope">
        <e:Body xmlns:wn1="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
        xmlns:wn0="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
        xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xmlns:d="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
        <n0:echoStructArray xmlns:n0="http://soapinterop.org/"
        e:encodingStyle="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-encoding">
        <inputStructArray xmlns:n1="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-encoding"
        n1:itemType="wn1:SOAPStruct" n1:arraySize="3">
        <item i:type="wn1:SOAPStruct" id="0">
        <varString i:type="d:string">Hello world</varString>
        <varInt i:type="d:int">3</varInt>
        <varFloat i:type="d:float">1.0</varFloat>
        </item>
        <item ref="0" />
        <item ref="0" />
        </inputStructArray>
        </n0:echoStructArray>
        </e:Body>
        </e:Envelope>

        ==== RESPONSE ==== http://www.whitemesa.net/interop/r2/base ==== 27.8.02
        11:24
        Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:31:29 GMT
        Server: WhiteMesa SOAP Server/3.0

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-envelope">
        <SOAP-ENV:Body>
        <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
        <SOAP-ENV:Code>
        <SOAP-ENV:Value
        xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-envelope">ns:Sender</SOAP-ENV:Value

        <SOAP-ENV:Subcode>
        <SOAP-ENV:Value
        xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-rpc">ns:BadArguments</SOAP-ENV:Valu
        e>
        </SOAP-ENV:Subcode>
        </SOAP-ENV:Code>
        <SOAP-ENV:Reason>Bad parameter: 'inputStructArray' on method
        'echoStructArray'.</SOAP-ENV:Reason>
        <SOAP-ENV:Detail />
        </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
        </SOAP-ENV:Body>
        </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

        Tomas Bahnik
        Systinet Corp
      • Tomas Bahnik
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 27, 2002
          Bob,
          FYI : group C WSDL reports error

          WSDLException: faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Referenced operation not found:
          'echoPolyMorph' in PortType: '{http://soapinterop.org/}InteropTestPortType':

          Tomas

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 27, 2002
            Tomas,

            > Bob,
            > thank for your feedback.
            > I have just rerun WASP tests using your new endpoints an compared them with
            > the old ones. I have encountered few problems with new WSDLs
            >
            > 1. base test [1] - soap11
            > binding for soap11 InteropTestSoapBinding uses soap12 encodingStyle for
            > echoString and echoStringArray so the WASP clients fails on response (
            > exception The incoming token return[] is not an array) . The response is
            > otherwise identical with the response received using old WSDL file [2]

            That's a search and replace failure in the WSDL, thanks, I'll get
            that fixed today. The WM client doen't complain, since it is
            consuming the same WSDL doc as the server, and thus they
            agree on the contract.

            > 2. base test - soap12
            > PASS except echoStructArray : Bad parameter: 'inputStructArray' on method
            > 'echoStructArray', I can't see any reason now, see SOAP conversation bellow

            Look like a bug in handling references within an array, thanks, I'll
            get it fixed.

            > (and echoDate fails too, but this is due to miliseconds precision)

            yes, millisecond precision not supported

            > 3. base test - soap12 - enc11 : no problem all PASS
            >
            > 4. groupb - soap11 (old wsdl [3]) all PASS
            > 5. groupb - (new wsdl [4] )
            > FAILS on consuming the wsdl file with exception No fault for binding fault
            > null. The same occurs, of course, for all other ports in that new wsdl
            > file.

            I'm not sure that there is anything wrong with the WSDL, would it
            help if I stripped out the fault elements? They are in there only for
            my use to test WSDL fault element processing, I forgot to take
            them out.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 27, 2002
              Tomas,

              Grrr. Another editing error on my part. Thanks, I'll get it fixed right
              away.

              RC

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 27, 2002
                The WSDL docs for the WM SOAP 1.2 endpoints have been updated to fix the
                problems you've encountered.