RE: [soapbuilders] webMethods client issues with SOAP4R

    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 14 3:21 PM

      Don't forget RFC 2376, which declares that the charset given in the HTTP
      content-type header is authoritative in this type of situation... and the
      default charset is us-ascii. It states:

      "Conformant with [RFC-2046], if a text/xml entity is received with the
      charset parameter omitted, MIME processors and XML processors
      MUST use the default charset value of "us-ascii". In cases where the
      XML entity is transmitted via HTTP, the default charset value is still "us-
      ascii".
      Since the charset parameter is authoritative, the charset is not always
      declared within an XML encoding declaration. Thus, special care is
      needed when the recipient strips the MIME header and provides
      persistent storage of the received XML entity (e.g., in a file system).
      Unless the charset is UTF-8 or UTF-16, the recipient SHOULD also
      persistently store information about the charset, perhaps by embedding a
      correct XML encoding declaration within the XML entity. "

      RC

      [1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2376.txt

    • NAKAMURA, Hiroshi
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
        Hi, all,

        I'm sorry for long silence.

        It was a silly bug of SOAP4R regards to Content-type parsing.
        It should be fixed now.

        Now the regexp for parsing is;

        MediaType = 'text/xml'
        /^#{ MediaType }(?:\s*;\s*charset=([^"]+|"[^"]+"))?$/i

        Regards,
        // NaHi
      • Fred Hartman
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
          webMethods Base and Group B tests are all successful against SOAP4R.

          Cheers,
          Fred

          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
            Hi, Fred,

            I'm happy to hear that. Thanks.
            I'll run SOAP4R client test against webMethods interop
            server tonight.

            # It is 23:30 in Japan.

            Excuse me because I was off this group long time...
            Is there new server which is ready to test Base and GroupB
            with SOAP/1.1 from SOAP4R client?
            SOAP4R client test result is here;
            http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?cmd=view;name=InteropRes
            ults

            Regards,
            // NaHi
          • Fred Hartman
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
              The webMethods Integration Server is listed in the WhiteMesa registry [1]
              and the PocketSoap Simon Fell Registry [2]. Also, you can find the WSDLs for
              all supported tests at [3]. webMethods client test results can be found
              from the menu links of [4].

              Cheers,
              Fred

              [1] http://www.whitemesa.net/GetEndpointInfo.htm

              [2] http://soapclient.com/interop/simonregistry.html

              [3] http://ewsdemo.webMethods.com/InteropTest/endpoints

              [4] http://ewsdemo.webMethods.com/InteropTest/

              > webMethods Base and Group B tests are all successful against SOAP4R.

              I'm happy to hear that. Thanks.
              I'll run SOAP4R client test against webMethods interop
              server tonight.

              # It is 23:30 in Japan.

              Excuse me because I was off this group long time...
              Is there new server which is ready to test Base and GroupB
              with SOAP/1.1 from SOAP4R client?
              SOAP4R client test result is here;
              http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?cmd=view;name=InteropResults

              Regards,
              // NaHi

            • Kogan, Tamara
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                Fred,

                I am wondering if you can rerun your tests against the VW OpentalkSoap
                server. I updated the server recently but even with old implementation it is
                not clear to me why the #echoString failed and at the same time other tests
                are considered as passed with exactly the same encoding style specified.

                Thanks,

                Tamara
                VW OpentalkSoap

                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                  All the Base tests passed today with VW OpentalkSoap.
                  Are there GroupB endpoints available?

                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                    Yes, we started recently the Round 2 Group B services.

                    Wsdl schema is at:
                    http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/DOWNLOAD/WebServices
                    /vwInteropR2GroupB.wsdl

                    endpoint:
                    http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/r2groupb/interop

                    Thanks,

                    Tamara
                    VW OpentalkSoap

                  • Fred Hartman
                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                      Thanks.
                      I added to our GroupB test suite. All tests passed except echo2DStringArray

                      SoapRequest
                      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
                      xmlns:xsd-cr="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
                      xmlns:xsd-lc="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"
                      xmlns:webM="http://www.webMethods.com/noNamespace/">
                      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
                      <ser-root:echo2DStringArray xmlns:ser-root="http://soapinterop.org/">
                      <input2DStringArray xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array"
                      SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[3,2]" id="id1">
                      <item xsi:type="xsd:string" id="id2">r11</item>
                      <item xsi:type="xsd:string" id="id3">r21</item>
                      <item xsi:type="xsd:string" id="id4">r12</item>
                      <item xsi:type="xsd:string" id="id5">r22</item>
                      <item xsi:type="xsd:string" id="id6">r13</item>
                      <item xsi:type="xsd:string" id="id7">r23</item>
                      </input2DStringArray>
                      </ser-root:echo2DStringArray>
                      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
                      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                      SoapResponse
                      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
                      xmlns:m="http://soapinterop.org/"
                      xmlns:SOAPEnc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
                      xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><m:echo
                      2DStringArrayResponse
                      enc:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><return
                      SOAPEnc:arrayType="xsd:string[2,2]" xsi:type="SOAPEnc:Array"><item
                      xsi:type="xsd:string">r12</item><item
                      xsi:type="xsd:string">r22</item></return></m:echo2DStringArrayResponse></SOA
                      P-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                      Bob,
                      can you register it with GetEndpointInfo, then it will automatically run
                      each time I re-run all tests.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                        Thanks Fred, for testing I'll look at this.

                        > Bob,
                        > can you register it with GetEndpointInfo, then it will
                        > automatically run
                        > each time I re-run all tests.
                        > http://www.whitemesa.net/GetEndpointInfo.htm

                        I have already register this endpoint with the
                        http://www.pocketsoap.com/registration
                        service and I am running all my tests using services from this registry.

                        Are there two different registries at www.pocketsoap.com and
                        www.whitemesa.net ?

                        I would like to ask to update the SOAPBuilders Interoperability Lab "Round
                        2" page to add Group B for VWOpentalkSoap:
                        VW OpentalkSoap 1.1
                        base
                        endpoint: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/soap/interop
                        Wsdl schema:
                        http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/DOWNLOAD/WebServices
                        /vwInteropSchema.wsdl

                        Group B
                        endpoint: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/r2groupb/interop
                        schema:
                        http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/DOWNLOAD/WebServices
                        /vwInteropR2GroupB.wsdl

                        VW OpentalkSoap client test results:
                        http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/VW+Web+Services

                        Thanks,

                        Tamara Kogan
                        VW OpentalkSoap

                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                          Ok, done.

                          RC

                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002

                            Results testing with WM client are all pass except "echoNestedStruct",
                            because of a loss of precision in the float member of the embedded struct.
                            Results are updated:

                            http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/results/b/results.htm

                            RC

                            > Yes, we started recently the Round 2 Group B services.
                            >
                            > Wsdl schema is at:

                            http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/DOWNLOAD/WebServices
                            > /vwInteropR2GroupB.wsdl
                            >
                            > endpoint:
                            > http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/r2groupb/interop
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            >
                            > Tamara
                            > VW OpentalkSoap

                          • Kogan, Tamara
                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                              Thanks, Bob.

                              If you by the chance will be updating this page one more time please, change
                              the Round 2 Client Test Results table for the VW Opentalk Soap:
                              Client :
                              VW OpentalkSoap
                              Interop Service:
                              base/Group B
                              Test Results

                              http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/VW+Web+Services

                              Tamara
                              VW Opentalk Soap

                            • Kogan, Tamara
                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                                > Results testing with WM client are all pass except "echoNestedStruct",
                                > because of a loss of precision in the float member of the
                                > embedded struct.

                                To get correct result for 1000.001 this number should be defined as double
                                in VW Smalltalk

                                Thanks for testing,

                                Tamara
                                VW OpentalkSoap
                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                                  Ok, done.

                                  RC

                                  > Thanks, Bob.
                                  >
                                  > If you by the chance will be updating this page one more time please, change
                                  > the Round 2 Client Test Results table for the VW Opentalk Soap:
                                  > Client :
                                  > VW OpentalkSoap
                                  > Interop Service:
                                  > base/Group B
                                  > Test Results
                                  >
                                  > http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/VW+Web+Services
                                  >

                                  > Tamara
                                  > VW Opentalk Soap

                                • nahi_home
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 13, 2002
                                    Hi, Fred,

                                    Done. I should create the client which connects to listed
                                    endpoints by itself...

                                    SOAP4R client - weMethods server test result: 84 / 111
                                    http://www.jin.gr.jp/~nahi/Ruby/SOAP4R/wiki.cgi?
                                    cmd=view;name=InteropResults%3A%3ASOAP4R%2F1.4-webMethods

                                    Please feel free to ask me abount test result, intension of
                                    a test, etc. SOAP4R client is known as overkill test client. :D

                                    Regards,
                                    // NaHi