echoA?wsdl for Axis is giving NullPointerException

  • Arun Gupta
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2002
      http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoA?wsdl is giving a
      NullPointerException. Here is what I'm getting on my browser screen:

      AXIS error
      Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

      Fault - java.lang.NullPointerException
      AxisFault
      faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
      faultString: java.lang.NullPointerException
      faultActor: null
      faultDetail:
      stackTrace: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Types.writePartType(Types.java:239)
      at
      org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.writePartToMessage(Emitter.java:1081)
      at
      org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.writeRequestMessage(Emitter.java:938)
      at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.writeMessages(Emitter.java:760)
      at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.writePortType(Emitter.java:730)
      at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.getWSDL(Emitter.java:321)
      at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:223)
      at
      org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.generateWSDL(JavaProvider.java:381)
      at
      org.apache.axis.strategies.WSDLGenStrategy.visit(WSDLGenStrategy.java:72)
      at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
      at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.generateWSDL(SimpleChain.java:137)
      at
      org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.generateWSDL(SOAPService.java:339)
      at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.generateWSDL(AxisServer.java:488)
      at
      org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:349)
      at
      org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at
      org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at
      org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at
      org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at
      org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at
      org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at
      org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
      at
      org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:405)
      at
      org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:380)
      at
      org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:508)
      at
      org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:533)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

      Regards,
      -Arun

      There is only one me, I must live myself!
      There is only one today, I must live itself!
      http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html