Sun Endpoints Updated

  • Arun Gupta
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 23, 2002
      Hi all,

      Updated endpoints for Java Web Services Developer Pack (JAX-RPC) are
      available at http://soapinterop.java.sun.com/index.html. Please retest
      them and let me know of any discrepancies.

      Client results for Round 2 and Round 3 are available at
      http://soapinterop.java.sun.com/soapbuilders/results.html. There are few
      cases in which the vendors' WSDL is deviating from the specification
      WSDL. I'd like to know how strictly we should adhere to the
      specification WSDL ?

      Thanks,
      -Arun

      There is only one me, I must live myself!
      There is only one today, I must live itself!
      http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 23, 2002
        Hi,

        Test results with White Mesa client:

        -- "base" all pass.
        -- "Group B" all pass.
        -- "Group C" all pass except:

        cases where header is "not understandable", MU="0", actor either "next" or
        the default actor. Fault message is received when none expected.

        Typical response:

        <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
        xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
        xmlns:ns0="http://soapinterop.org/xsd" xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/"
        env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><env:Body><env
        :Fault><faultcode>env:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Internal Server Error
        (XML reader error: unexpected character content: "White Mesa Test Header
        String.")</faultstring></env:Fault></env:Body></env:Envelope>

        The WM test client results have been updated on the Round 2 page.

        BTW, I can't seem to connect to 4s4c service.

        RC

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Updated endpoints for Java Web Services Developer Pack (JAX-RPC) are
        > available at http://soapinterop.java.sun.com/index.html. Please retest
        > them and let me know of any discrepancies.
        >
        > Client results for Round 2 and Round 3 are available at
        > http://soapinterop.java.sun.com/soapbuilders/results.html. There are few
        > cases in which the vendors' WSDL is deviating from the specification
        > WSDL. I'd like to know how strictly we should adhere to the
        > specification WSDL ?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -Arun
      • Sam Ruby
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 24, 2002
          Arun Gupta wrote:

          > Client results for Round 2 and Round 3 are available at
          > http://soapinterop.java.sun.com/soapbuilders/results.html. There are
          > few cases in which the vendors' WSDL is deviating from the
          > specification WSDL. I'd like to know how strictly we should adhere to
          > the specification WSDL ?

          OK, I've provided the following *additional* WSDLs:

          http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoA?wsdl
          http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoB?wsdl

          Please retest and let me know of any problems.

          The original echo WSDL will continue to be provided and will continue to
          grow. At the moment, it includes token, normalizedString, and the
          dredded Map. Based on discussion on axis-dev, it looks like it may
          shortly have anyURI.

          - Sam Ruby
        • Arun Gupta
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 24, 2002
            Sam Ruby wrote:

            > Arun Gupta wrote:
            > >
            > > Client results for Round 2 and Round 3 are available at
            > > http://soapinterop.java.sun.com/soapbuilders/results.html. There are
            > > few cases in which the vendors' WSDL is deviating from the
            > > specification WSDL. I'd like to know how strictly we should adhere to
            > > the specification WSDL ?
            >
            > OK, I've provided the following *additional* WSDLs:
            >
            > http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoA?wsdl
            > http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoB?wsdl
            >
            > Please retest and let me know of any problems.

            I tried both these endpoints and no problems were found.

            Bob,

            Can you please publish these endpoints on Round 2 site as well ? I'll
            update the results after that.

            > The original echo WSDL will continue to be provided and will continue to
            > grow. At the moment, it includes token, normalizedString, and the
            > dredded Map. Based on discussion on axis-dev, it looks like it may
            > shortly have anyURI.

            If you think it's good to test these types as well, then we should this
            as another test case for Round V. I think modifying the original test
            specification is not a good idea.

            Thanks,
            -Arun

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 24, 2002

              Arun Gupta then wrote:

              > Bob,
              >
              > Can you please publish these endpoints on Round 2 site as well ? I'll
              > update the results after that.

              Ok, I've listed the alternate WSDLs for axis on the Round 2 endpoint table.

              RC
            • Arun Gupta
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 30, 2002
                Sam Ruby wrote:

                > Arun Gupta wrote:
                > >
                > > Client results for Round 2 and Round 3 are available at
                > > http://soapinterop.java.sun.com/soapbuilders/results.html. There are
                > > few cases in which the vendors' WSDL is deviating from the
                > > specification WSDL. I'd like to know how strictly we should adhere to
                > > the specification WSDL ?
                >
                > OK, I've provided the following *additional* WSDLs:
                >
                > http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoA?wsdl
                > http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoB?wsdl
                >
                > Please retest and let me know of any problems.

                http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoA?wsdl and
                http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoB?wsdl seem to have defined

                <complexType name="Map">
                - <sequence>
                - <element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="item">
                - <complexType>
                - <all>
                <element name="key" type="xsd:anyType" />
                <element name="value" type="xsd:anyType" />
                </all>
                </complexType>
                </element>
                </sequence>
                </complexType>

                again.

                Thanks,
                -Arun

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 2, 2002
                  Arun Gupta wrote:

                  > http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoA?wsdl and
                  > http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echoB?wsdl seem to have defined
                  >
                  > <complexType name="Map">

                  echoA is fixed. Still looking into why echoB is broken.

                  - Sam Ruby
                • David Crowley
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 2, 2002
                    A quick question. For SOAP 1.1, is the order in which elements appear in
                    SOAP:Fault important? Is it true that the Sun toolkit wants the Fault
                    elements to appear in the exact order faultcode, faultstring, faultactor,
                    detail. The spec [1] doesn't indicate order is important. The SOAP 1.1
                    schema specifies a sequence with elements in the above order but it also
                    doesn't appear to allow any additional namespace qualified elements as
                    specified in the spec ("Other Fault subelements MAY be present, provided
                    they are namespace-qualified").

                    Thanks,

                    David

                    [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#_Toc478383507
                    [2] http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
                  • Wes Moulder
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 2, 2002
                      Message
                      I believe it falls under a spec/schema discrepency.  I'd follow the spec since the schema seems incomplete in other regards.

                      --Wes

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 2, 2002
                        Yes, the spec is vague and the schema "wrong"
                        For maximum interop, I suggest keeping the order and putting any
                        additional data under the detail element.
                        /r$
                      • David Crowley
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 2, 2002
                          At 05:45 PM 8/2/2002, Rich Salz wrote:
                          >Yes, the spec is vague and the schema "wrong"
                          >For maximum interop, I suggest keeping the order and putting any
                          >additional data under the detail element.
                          > /r$

                          Great. That's what I wanted to hear.

                          Thank you Rich and thank you Wes,

                          David