DIME Options Testing

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 22, 2002
      Hello,

      The SOAP/DIME doc/literal interop endpoint described at:

      http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/r4/dime-doc-test.wsdl

      now echoes any DIME "options" received in the *first record* of attachment
      payloads received in request messages, for testing purposes.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2002
        On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:58:15 -0600, in ws you wrote:

        >Hello,
        >
        >The SOAP/DIME doc/literal interop endpoint described at:
        >
        >http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/r4/dime-doc-test.wsdl
        >
        >now echoes any DIME "options" received in the *first record* of attachment
        >payloads received in request messages, for testing purposes.
        >
        >RC

        Bob, has something changed on the dime-rpc endpoint ?, it was passing
        my tests last week, but now i get XML Parser errors for all the
        methods.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 22, 2002
          Simon,

          Yes, the xml parser got a tiny tweak to fix line counting. Most requests are
          resulting in no errors, but I noticed a potential problem I introduced in
          line break normalization and have fixed that (I hope). Maybe you can try
          again now.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 23, 2002
            Still having the same problem.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 23, 2002
              Yes, I had noticed further problems with certain request messages looking at
              the log. I just now backed out the parser changes from the endpoint until I
              find the bug. Should now be as it was a few days ago.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 23, 2002
                cool, looks better, I posted some dime/rpc results to
                http://www.pocketsoap.com/weblog/SoapInterop/dimerpc.html

                I was seeing some strange results from the MSTK endpoint, would get a
                can't find uuid:xxxx error at random, but it seems ok currently.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 23, 2002

                  Ok, that's a relief. The "EchoUnrefAttachments" operation fails since the
                  method wrapper tag name in the request has unexpected whitespace:

                  <S:Envelope
                  S:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
                  xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
                  xmlns:a="http://soapinterop.org/attachments/">
                  <S:Body><a:Echo Unref Attachments></a:Echo Unref Attachments>
                  </S:Body></S:Envelope>

                  As for EchoAttachment as UTF-16 string, that will work only in the
                  doc/literal service at the moment, the rpc implementation here has some
                  constraints on access to the DIME payload, unlike the doc/literal
                  interface. Specifically, the rpc handler is passed only the payload data,
                  not the id or type info, or any options. The doc/literal handler has
                  visibility into the payload type to see any charset parameter that might be
                  present. At the moment the rpc handler assumes that the string is utf-8. Oh
                  well, lots to do.

                  Results for the MSTK rpc endpoints are all ok using the client here except
                  EchoAttachmentAsString, which is probably because the rpc client sends every
                  payload out with type 0x03 "unknown" right now. The doc/literal
                  EchoAttachmentAsString test works fine, the client can control the payload
                  type.

                  Thanks again,

                  RC

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 23, 2002
                    Thanks Bob, I posted some revised results, I'm still seeing a failure
                    for EchoUnrefAttachments, the fault is "Server : Body: One or more
                    invalid method parameter names."

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 23, 2002
                      Oh, duh, I forgot that the rpc endpoint doesn't support that operation, only
                      the doc/literal endpoint. Again, it's a limitation of the current level of
                      support for DIME in rpc operations (payloads not referenced by a rpc
                      parameter aren't accessible).

                      RC