What is causing SOAPAction statement to drop off?

  • mickeyhaynes2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2002
      We have created a .NET app that is installed on remote machines to
      consume our WebService, also built with .NET. We have successfully
      deployed this solution multiple times, but have just come across an
      error that I hope someone else has seen.

      One of our clients has installed and is trying to run our client
      app. When the client app attempts to invoke our WebService, it gets
      an error 500 - internal server error, request format is unrecognized.

      We have analyzed the packets using Network Monitor, and can discern
      that packets coming from this particular client do not contain the
      SOAPAction statement that is in all other packets.

      Furthermore, our client installed the application on a laptop. When
      the client uses the laptop from home or other dialup, the client
      application invokes our WebService and works fine. The problem only
      occurs when he logs in from the office from behind his
      network/firewall.

      What on our client's network/firewall could be interfering with the
      SOAP messaging?

      Thanks!