Re: SOAP 1.2 [was Fifth interop meeting]

  • sa3ruby
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 1, 2002
      --- In soapbuilders@y..., Rich Salz <r.salz@v...> wrote:
      > > SOAP 1.2, not merely SOAP 1.1services recast to a SOAP 1.2
      syntax. Mark
      > > Baker [1] has indicated that he believes the "Web Method Feature"
      to be the
      > > major architectural difference between SOAP 0.9/1.0/1.1 and SOAP
      1.2.

      > I agree that it is probably the biggest change.
      >
      > But I don't care. It's a political sop to a bunch of REST hoi
      polloi.
      > Or, as commercial folks might call it, "a check-box item."
      >
      > I'd much rather see effort on the simple and obvious stuff, and
      SwA.
      > Those are more real-world than send GET get back soap xml.

      "Its in the spec, its ten lines of code, just bloody write it!"

      - Sam Ruby
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 12, 2002
        My schema had a typo:

        <complexType name="ArrayofPOReferencesType">
        <sequence>
        <element name="Invoice" type="tns:InvoiceType"
        ^^^^^^^^^^^
        Should be PoReferenceType
        minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </sequence>
        </complexType>

        Also, we shold probably add an "Email" link to SimpleAddressType:

        <complexType name="SimpleAddressType">
        <sequence>
        <element name="Name" type="string"/>
        <element name="Street" type="string"/>
        <!-- Locality is all other addressing info. -->
        <element name="Locality" type="string"/>
        <element name="EMail" type="anyURI"/>
        </sequence>
        </complexType>

        Any comments? Judging by lack of reaction so far, perhaps folks aren't
        interested in testing HTTP GET and SOAP? :)