RE: [soapbuilders] Re: ANN: White Mesa DIME endpoints updated

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hi, Bob,
      What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
      Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
        Hi,

        echoBase64 and echoHexBinary were meant go either way... the input values
        could be sent as DIME attachments OR plain soap parameters. The response
        message was to be formatted the same as the request, whether DIME or plain
        SOAP.

        I had these defined to test the WM server, which supports this kind of
        thing, I'm not sure yet if it's even a good idea.

        echoBase64OutParam is like echoBase64AsAttachment except that the method
        signature is different. The attachment reference is returned in an [out]
        param, the method has a boolean return type (WM always returns "true"). Just
        another variation on the theme.

        RC

        > Hi, Bob,
        > What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
        > Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?
        >
        > Thanks

      • Robert van Engelen
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
          Hi,

          Thanks for the opportunity to test our gSOAP DIME implementation (with the
          revised DIME spec.). However, I am running into some trouble getting a
          response from your dime_rpc WM service. For example, when I send:

          POST /dimetest HTTP/1.0
          Host: www.whitemesa.net
          SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"

          xmlns:ns="http://soapinterop.org/" xmlns:s="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
          xmlns:h="http://soapinterop.org/exampleheader/"
          SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns:echoBase64AsAttachment><inputBase64 xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary">aGVsbG8A</inputBase64></ns:echoBase64AsAttachment></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

          All I get as a response is:

          HTTP/1.0 200 OK
          Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 18:11:09 GMT
          Server: WhiteMesa SOAP Server/2.7

          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body /></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

          I get the same response when I send a DIME encoded request message (as per
          SOAP in DIME).

          Can you tell me what might be wrong?

          - Regards, Robert

          Bob Cunnings wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > The White Mesa DIME test RPC endpoint [1] and doc/literal endpoint [2] have
          > been updated to support the revised DIME spec [3]. DIME packaged SOAP
          > requests using the old format will fail. Also, DIME "options" may be sent
          > but will be ignored. If anyone else has a version 1 DIME endpoint running,
          > I would be happy to test interop using the client here.
          >
          > RC
          >
          > [1] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl
          > [2] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl
          > [3]
          > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/draft-nielsen-dime-0
          > 2.txt
        • Robert van Engelen
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
            Hi,

            Thanks Bob. I used your doc/lit endpoint by accident.

            > Thanks for testing the endpoint. Are you planning on putting up a
            > DIME test endpoint yourself?

            Yes, hopefully soon.

            - Cheers, Robert
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
              Hi Robert,

              It looks like you're hitting the wrong endpoint. It should be:

              http://www.whitemesa.net/dimetest/rpc for the RPC service [1].