Re: [soapbuilders] Round 2 InteropTestC

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hmmm, it's just another qname value, like "s:SOAPStruct" in the
      message elements above it, yet the tool doesn't complain about
      that? It's a similar situation, the doc containing the definition for
      "SOAPStruct" is imported just the same as that containing the
      definition for the portType.

      What's unclear to me is what the tool means when is labels WSDL
      as "invalid".

      I'm hoping that the next WSDL version will clarify the import
      mechanism, and leave nothing to the imagination!

      RC

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
        On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:53:11 -0400, in ws you wrote:

        >Simon Fell wrote:
        >>
        >>> FYI: The Axis Java2WSDL tool reports that
        >>> http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTestC.wsdl is
        >>> invalid as {http://soapinterop.org/}InteropTestPortType is
        >>> undefined.
        >>
        >> That doc is not designed to be used stand-alone, but rather in
        >> conjuction with the other docs, and a wrapper doc that imports the
        >> whole shooting match, and specifies the endpoint. e.g.
        >>
        >> http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/std/echoheadersvc.wsdl
        >
        >Per Sanjiva Weerawarana (one of the authors of the WSDL spec), such an
        >import does not make this WSDL legal. Sanjiva, can you verify this?
        >
        >- Sam Ruby

        Actually looking at it again, I'd agree.
        http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTestC.wsdl needs WSDL imports
        itself for http://soapinterop.org/xsd and http://soapinterop.org/

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
          Hi Simon,

          You're right of course... both namespaces are needed. I've updated the doc
          in question, and also that at:

          http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/std/echoheadersvc.wsdl

          as an example. It works as expected, and is the correct way to arrange
          things.

          Thanks for pointing this out Sam,

          RC