Re: [soapbuilders] Re: ANN: White Mesa DIME endpoints updated

  • rubys@us.ibm.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
      Bob Cummings wrote:

      > At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:
      >

      > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
      > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

      Are there similar WSDLs for attachment endpoints?

      - Sam Ruby
    • Wes Moulder
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

        There are currently no SwA tests.  Simon’s working on those, but they’re not out yet.  What Simon had been doing before he started these tests is using the attachments examples from each soap service and testing with pocketSoap/ raw bytes simulating a broken/quirky message.  I imagine that the end result will look very similar to those two documents, with the exception of using SwA mechanics.

        Jonesing for a test suite for SwA?

        --Wes

        At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:

        > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
        > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

        Are there similar WSDLs for attachment endpoints?

        - Sam Ruby

      • sa3ruby
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
          --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Wes Moulder" <wes@t...> wrote:
          > There are currently no SwA tests. Simon's working on those, but they're
          > not out yet. What Simon had been doing before he started these tests is
          > using the attachments examples from each soap service and testing with
          > pocketSoap/ raw bytes simulating a broken/quirky message. I imagine
          > that the end result will look very similar to those two documents, with
          > the exception of using SwA mechanics.
          >
          > Jonesing for a test suite for SwA?

          Just trying to get organized - retrofitting old tests to use the
          published WSDLs, planning to publish the status or results from all
          tests, etc.

          - Sam Ruby
        • Kirill Gavrylyuk
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
            Hi, Bob,
            What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
            Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?

            Thanks

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

              echoBase64 and echoHexBinary were meant go either way... the input values
              could be sent as DIME attachments OR plain soap parameters. The response
              message was to be formatted the same as the request, whether DIME or plain
              SOAP.

              I had these defined to test the WM server, which supports this kind of
              thing, I'm not sure yet if it's even a good idea.

              echoBase64OutParam is like echoBase64AsAttachment except that the method
              signature is different. The attachment reference is returned in an [out]
              param, the method has a boolean return type (WM always returns "true"). Just
              another variation on the theme.

              RC

              > Hi, Bob,
              > What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
              > Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?
              >
              > Thanks

            • Robert van Engelen
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002

                Thanks for the opportunity to test our gSOAP DIME implementation (with the
                revised DIME spec.). However, I am running into some trouble getting a
                response from your dime_rpc WM service. For example, when I send:

                POST /dimetest HTTP/1.0
                Host: www.whitemesa.net
                SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"

                xmlns:ns="http://soapinterop.org/" xmlns:s="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
                xmlns:h="http://soapinterop.org/exampleheader/"
                SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns:echoBase64AsAttachment><inputBase64 xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary">aGVsbG8A</inputBase64></ns:echoBase64AsAttachment></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                All I get as a response is:

                HTTP/1.0 200 OK
                Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 18:11:09 GMT
                Server: WhiteMesa SOAP Server/2.7

                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body /></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                I get the same response when I send a DIME encoded request message (as per
                SOAP in DIME).

                Can you tell me what might be wrong?

                - Regards, Robert

                Bob Cunnings wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > The White Mesa DIME test RPC endpoint [1] and doc/literal endpoint [2] have
                > been updated to support the revised DIME spec [3]. DIME packaged SOAP
                > requests using the old format will fail. Also, DIME "options" may be sent
                > but will be ignored. If anyone else has a version 1 DIME endpoint running,
                > I would be happy to test interop using the client here.
                >
                > RC
                >
                > [1] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl
                > [2] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl
                > [3]
                > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/draft-nielsen-dime-0
                > 2.txt
              • Robert van Engelen
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002

                  Thanks Bob. I used your doc/lit endpoint by accident.

                  > Thanks for testing the endpoint. Are you planning on putting up a
                  > DIME test endpoint yourself?

                  Yes, hopefully soon.

                  - Cheers, Robert
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
                    Hi Robert,

                    It looks like you're hitting the wrong endpoint. It should be:

                    http://www.whitemesa.net/dimetest/rpc for the RPC service [1].