RE: [soapbuilders] Re: ANN: White Mesa DIME endpoints updated

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

      SOAP Toolkit V3 endpoint supports similar interface and describes it in terms of WSDL-DIME spec[1] :

      http://mssoapinterop.org/stkv3/dime/dimeinterop.wsdl

      we’ll get it updated to the new DIME format pretty soon.

      [1] http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/xml_wsspecs/dime/WSDL-Extension-for-DIME.htm

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
        Bob Cummings wrote:

        > At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:
        >

        > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
        > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

        Are there similar WSDLs for attachment endpoints?

        - Sam Ruby
      • Wes Moulder
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

          There are currently no SwA tests.  Simon’s working on those, but they’re not out yet.  What Simon had been doing before he started these tests is using the attachments examples from each soap service and testing with pocketSoap/ raw bytes simulating a broken/quirky message.  I imagine that the end result will look very similar to those two documents, with the exception of using SwA mechanics.

          Jonesing for a test suite for SwA?

          --Wes

          At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:

          > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
          > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

          Are there similar WSDLs for attachment endpoints?

          - Sam Ruby

        • sa3ruby
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
            --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Wes Moulder" <wes@t...> wrote:
            > There are currently no SwA tests. Simon's working on those, but they're
            > not out yet. What Simon had been doing before he started these tests is
            > using the attachments examples from each soap service and testing with
            > pocketSoap/ raw bytes simulating a broken/quirky message. I imagine
            > that the end result will look very similar to those two documents, with
            > the exception of using SwA mechanics.
            >
            > Jonesing for a test suite for SwA?

            Just trying to get organized - retrofitting old tests to use the
            published WSDLs, planning to publish the status or results from all
            tests, etc.

            - Sam Ruby
          • Kirill Gavrylyuk
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
              Hi, Bob,
              What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
              Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?

              Thanks

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                Hi,

                echoBase64 and echoHexBinary were meant go either way... the input values
                could be sent as DIME attachments OR plain soap parameters. The response
                message was to be formatted the same as the request, whether DIME or plain
                SOAP.

                I had these defined to test the WM server, which supports this kind of
                thing, I'm not sure yet if it's even a good idea.

                echoBase64OutParam is like echoBase64AsAttachment except that the method
                signature is different. The attachment reference is returned in an [out]
                param, the method has a boolean return type (WM always returns "true"). Just
                another variation on the theme.

                RC

                > Hi, Bob,
                > What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
                > Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?
                >
                > Thanks

              • Robert van Engelen
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
                  Hi,

                  Thanks for the opportunity to test our gSOAP DIME implementation (with the
                  revised DIME spec.). However, I am running into some trouble getting a
                  response from your dime_rpc WM service. For example, when I send:

                  POST /dimetest HTTP/1.0
                  Host: www.whitemesa.net
                  SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"

                  xmlns:ns="http://soapinterop.org/" xmlns:s="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
                  xmlns:h="http://soapinterop.org/exampleheader/"
                  SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns:echoBase64AsAttachment><inputBase64 xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary">aGVsbG8A</inputBase64></ns:echoBase64AsAttachment></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                  All I get as a response is:

                  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
                  Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 18:11:09 GMT
                  Server: WhiteMesa SOAP Server/2.7

                  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body /></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                  I get the same response when I send a DIME encoded request message (as per
                  SOAP in DIME).

                  Can you tell me what might be wrong?

                  - Regards, Robert

                  Bob Cunnings wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > The White Mesa DIME test RPC endpoint [1] and doc/literal endpoint [2] have
                  > been updated to support the revised DIME spec [3]. DIME packaged SOAP
                  > requests using the old format will fail. Also, DIME "options" may be sent
                  > but will be ignored. If anyone else has a version 1 DIME endpoint running,
                  > I would be happy to test interop using the client here.
                  >
                  > RC
                  >
                  > [1] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl
                  > [2] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl
                  > [3]
                  > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/draft-nielsen-dime-0
                  > 2.txt
                • Robert van Engelen
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
                    Hi,

                    Thanks Bob. I used your doc/lit endpoint by accident.

                    > Thanks for testing the endpoint. Are you planning on putting up a
                    > DIME test endpoint yourself?

                    Yes, hopefully soon.

                    - Cheers, Robert
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
                      Hi Robert,

                      It looks like you're hitting the wrong endpoint. It should be:

                      http://www.whitemesa.net/dimetest/rpc for the RPC service [1].