Re: Round 2 InteropTestC

  • simonfell99
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1 3:14 PM
      {http://soapinterop.org/}
      > InteropTestPortType is undefined.
      >
      > - Sam Ruby

      That doc is not designed to be used stand-alone, but rather in
      conjuction with the other docs, and a wrapper doc that imports the
      whole shooting match, and specifies the endpoint. e.g.

      http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/std/echoheadersvc.wsdl

    • rubys@us.ibm.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1 3:53 PM
        Simon Fell wrote:

        >> FYI: The Axis Java2WSDL tool reports that

        >> http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTestC.wsdl is
        >> invalid as {http://soapinterop.org/}InteropTestPortType is
        >> undefined.
        >

        > That doc is not designed to be used stand-alone, but rather in
        > conjuction with the other docs, and a wrapper doc that imports the
        > whole shooting match, and specifies the endpoint. e.g.
        >

        > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/std/echoheadersvc.wsdl

        Per Sanjiva Weerawarana (one of the authors of the WSDL spec), such an import does not make this WSDL legal.  Sanjiva, can you verify this?

        - Sam Ruby
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1 7:14 PM
          Hmmm, it's just another qname value, like "s:SOAPStruct" in the
          message elements above it, yet the tool doesn't complain about
          that? It's a similar situation, the doc containing the definition for
          "SOAPStruct" is imported just the same as that containing the
          definition for the portType.

          What's unclear to me is what the tool means when is labels WSDL
          as "invalid".

          I'm hoping that the next WSDL version will clarify the import
          mechanism, and leave nothing to the imagination!

          RC

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1 9:47 PM
            On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:53:11 -0400, in ws you wrote:

            >Simon Fell wrote:
            >>
            >>> FYI: The Axis Java2WSDL tool reports that
            >>> http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTestC.wsdl is
            >>> invalid as {http://soapinterop.org/}InteropTestPortType is
            >>> undefined.
            >>
            >> That doc is not designed to be used stand-alone, but rather in
            >> conjuction with the other docs, and a wrapper doc that imports the
            >> whole shooting match, and specifies the endpoint. e.g.
            >>
            >> http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/std/echoheadersvc.wsdl
            >
            >Per Sanjiva Weerawarana (one of the authors of the WSDL spec), such an
            >import does not make this WSDL legal. Sanjiva, can you verify this?
            >
            >- Sam Ruby

            Actually looking at it again, I'd agree.
            http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTestC.wsdl needs WSDL imports
            itself for http://soapinterop.org/xsd and http://soapinterop.org/

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1 10:41 PM
              Hi Simon,

              You're right of course... both namespaces are needed. I've updated the doc
              in question, and also that at:

              http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/std/echoheadersvc.wsdl

              as an example. It works as expected, and is the correct way to arrange
              things.

              Thanks for pointing this out Sam,

              RC