Re: ANN: White Mesa DIME endpoints updated

  • simonfell99
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
      --- In soapbuilders@y..., rubys@u... wrote:
      > Where is this test described? What other endpoints implement this
      service?

      > - Sam Ruby

      http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?
      A2=ind0205a&L=dime&F=&S=&P=833

      I'm in the process of writing up the attachments interop tests that
      Becky volunteered me for at the last F2F, you may want to wait for
      that.

      www.pocketsoap.com
    • Kirill Gavrylyuk
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

        SOAP Toolkit V3 endpoint supports similar interface and describes it in terms of WSDL-DIME spec[1] :

        http://mssoapinterop.org/stkv3/dime/dimeinterop.wsdl

        we’ll get it updated to the new DIME format pretty soon.

        [1] http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/xml_wsspecs/dime/WSDL-Extension-for-DIME.htm

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

          At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:

          http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
          http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

          Spheon also has an endpoint up which supports quite the same rpc interface:

          http://213.23.125.181:8080/dime.wsdl

          I intend to put up a page at the whitemesa site to document the
          DIME test endpoints more fully. At the moment I'm hoping that the
          SwA/DIME attachment test suite that Simon Fell is working on will
          come to pass, I'll make sure that the WM endpoints support the
          DIME tests it prescribes.

          RC

        • rubys@us.ibm.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
            Bob Cummings wrote:

            > At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:
            >

            > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
            > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

            Are there similar WSDLs for attachment endpoints?

            - Sam Ruby
          • Wes Moulder
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

              There are currently no SwA tests.  Simon’s working on those, but they’re not out yet.  What Simon had been doing before he started these tests is using the attachments examples from each soap service and testing with pocketSoap/ raw bytes simulating a broken/quirky message.  I imagine that the end result will look very similar to those two documents, with the exception of using SwA mechanics.

              Jonesing for a test suite for SwA?

              --Wes

              At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:

              > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
              > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

              Are there similar WSDLs for attachment endpoints?

              - Sam Ruby

            • sa3ruby
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Wes Moulder" <wes@t...> wrote:
                > There are currently no SwA tests. Simon's working on those, but they're
                > not out yet. What Simon had been doing before he started these tests is
                > using the attachments examples from each soap service and testing with
                > pocketSoap/ raw bytes simulating a broken/quirky message. I imagine
                > that the end result will look very similar to those two documents, with
                > the exception of using SwA mechanics.
                >
                > Jonesing for a test suite for SwA?

                Just trying to get organized - retrofitting old tests to use the
                published WSDLs, planning to publish the status or results from all
                tests, etc.

                - Sam Ruby
              • Kirill Gavrylyuk
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                  Hi, Bob,
                  What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
                  Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?

                  Thanks

                  At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:

                  http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
                  http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

                  Spheon also has an endpoint up which supports quite the same rpc
                  interface:

                  http://213.23.125.181:8080/dime.wsdl

                  I intend to put up a page at the whitemesa site to document the
                  DIME test endpoints more fully. At the moment I'm hoping that the
                  SwA/DIME attachment test suite that Simon Fell is working on will
                  come to pass, I'll make sure that the WM endpoints support the
                  DIME tests it prescribes.

                  RC

                  > Where is this test described? What other endpoints implement this
                  service?

                  > - Sam Ruby

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

                    echoBase64 and echoHexBinary were meant go either way... the input values
                    could be sent as DIME attachments OR plain soap parameters. The response
                    message was to be formatted the same as the request, whether DIME or plain
                    SOAP.

                    I had these defined to test the WM server, which supports this kind of
                    thing, I'm not sure yet if it's even a good idea.

                    echoBase64OutParam is like echoBase64AsAttachment except that the method
                    signature is different. The attachment reference is returned in an [out]
                    param, the method has a boolean return type (WM always returns "true"). Just
                    another variation on the theme.

                    RC

                    > Hi, Bob,
                    > What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
                    > Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?
                    >
                    > Thanks

                  • Robert van Engelen
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002

                      Thanks for the opportunity to test our gSOAP DIME implementation (with the
                      revised DIME spec.). However, I am running into some trouble getting a
                      response from your dime_rpc WM service. For example, when I send:

                      POST /dimetest HTTP/1.0
                      Host: www.whitemesa.net
                      SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"

                      xmlns:ns="http://soapinterop.org/" xmlns:s="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
                      xmlns:h="http://soapinterop.org/exampleheader/"
                      SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns:echoBase64AsAttachment><inputBase64 xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary">aGVsbG8A</inputBase64></ns:echoBase64AsAttachment></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                      All I get as a response is:

                      HTTP/1.0 200 OK
                      Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 18:11:09 GMT
                      Server: WhiteMesa SOAP Server/2.7

                      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body /></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                      I get the same response when I send a DIME encoded request message (as per
                      SOAP in DIME).

                      Can you tell me what might be wrong?

                      - Regards, Robert

                      Bob Cunnings wrote:

                      > Hello,
                      >
                      > The White Mesa DIME test RPC endpoint [1] and doc/literal endpoint [2] have
                      > been updated to support the revised DIME spec [3]. DIME packaged SOAP
                      > requests using the old format will fail. Also, DIME "options" may be sent
                      > but will be ignored. If anyone else has a version 1 DIME endpoint running,
                      > I would be happy to test interop using the client here.
                      >
                      > RC
                      >
                      > [1] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl
                      > [2] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl
                      > [3]
                      > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/draft-nielsen-dime-0
                      > 2.txt
                    • Robert van Engelen
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002

                        Thanks Bob. I used your doc/lit endpoint by accident.

                        > Thanks for testing the endpoint. Are you planning on putting up a
                        > DIME test endpoint yourself?

                        Yes, hopefully soon.

                        - Cheers, Robert
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
                          Hi Robert,

                          It looks like you're hitting the wrong endpoint. It should be:

                          http://www.whitemesa.net/dimetest/rpc for the RPC service [1].