Re: [soapbuilders] Re: ANN: White Mesa DIME endpoints updated

  • rubys@us.ibm.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
      Where is this test described? What other endpoints implement this service?

      - Sam Ruby
    • simonfell99
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
        --- In soapbuilders@y..., rubys@u... wrote:
        > Where is this test described? What other endpoints implement this
        service?

        > - Sam Ruby

        http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?
        A2=ind0205a&L=dime&F=&S=&P=833

        I'm in the process of writing up the attachments interop tests that
        Becky volunteered me for at the last F2F, you may want to wait for
        that.

        www.pocketsoap.com
      • Kirill Gavrylyuk
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

          SOAP Toolkit V3 endpoint supports similar interface and describes it in terms of WSDL-DIME spec[1] :

          http://mssoapinterop.org/stkv3/dime/dimeinterop.wsdl

          we’ll get it updated to the new DIME format pretty soon.

          [1] http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/xml_wsspecs/dime/WSDL-Extension-for-DIME.htm

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

            At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:

            http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
            http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

            Spheon also has an endpoint up which supports quite the same rpc interface:

            http://213.23.125.181:8080/dime.wsdl

            I intend to put up a page at the whitemesa site to document the
            DIME test endpoints more fully. At the moment I'm hoping that the
            SwA/DIME attachment test suite that Simon Fell is working on will
            come to pass, I'll make sure that the WM endpoints support the
            DIME tests it prescribes.

            RC

          • rubys@us.ibm.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
              Bob Cummings wrote:

              > At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:
              >

              > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
              > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

              Are there similar WSDLs for attachment endpoints?

              - Sam Ruby
            • Wes Moulder
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

                There are currently no SwA tests.  Simon’s working on those, but they’re not out yet.  What Simon had been doing before he started these tests is using the attachments examples from each soap service and testing with pocketSoap/ raw bytes simulating a broken/quirky message.  I imagine that the end result will look very similar to those two documents, with the exception of using SwA mechanics.

                Jonesing for a test suite for SwA?

                --Wes

                At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:

                > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
                > http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

                Are there similar WSDLs for attachment endpoints?

                - Sam Ruby

              • sa3ruby
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                  --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Wes Moulder" <wes@t...> wrote:
                  > There are currently no SwA tests. Simon's working on those, but they're
                  > not out yet. What Simon had been doing before he started these tests is
                  > using the attachments examples from each soap service and testing with
                  > pocketSoap/ raw bytes simulating a broken/quirky message. I imagine
                  > that the end result will look very similar to those two documents, with
                  > the exception of using SwA mechanics.
                  >
                  > Jonesing for a test suite for SwA?

                  Just trying to get organized - retrofitting old tests to use the
                  published WSDLs, planning to publish the status or results from all
                  tests, etc.

                  - Sam Ruby
                • Kirill Gavrylyuk
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
                    Hi, Bob,
                    What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
                    Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?

                    Thanks

                    At the moment the description is limited to the WSDL docs:

                    http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl (doc/literal)
                    http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl (rpc)

                    Spheon also has an endpoint up which supports quite the same rpc
                    interface:

                    http://213.23.125.181:8080/dime.wsdl

                    I intend to put up a page at the whitemesa site to document the
                    DIME test endpoints more fully. At the moment I'm hoping that the
                    SwA/DIME attachment test suite that Simon Fell is working on will
                    come to pass, I'll make sure that the WM endpoints support the
                    DIME tests it prescribes.

                    RC

                    > Where is this test described? What other endpoints implement this
                    service?

                    > - Sam Ruby

                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002

                      echoBase64 and echoHexBinary were meant go either way... the input values
                      could be sent as DIME attachments OR plain soap parameters. The response
                      message was to be formatted the same as the request, whether DIME or plain
                      SOAP.

                      I had these defined to test the WM server, which supports this kind of
                      thing, I'm not sure yet if it's even a good idea.

                      echoBase64OutParam is like echoBase64AsAttachment except that the method
                      signature is different. The attachment reference is returned in an [out]
                      param, the method has a boolean return type (WM always returns "true"). Just
                      another variation on the theme.

                      RC

                      > Hi, Bob,
                      > What do echoBase64, echoHexBinary, echoBase64Out methods take/return?
                      > Plain SOAP or SOAP-DIME?
                      >
                      > Thanks

                    • Robert van Engelen
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002

                        Thanks for the opportunity to test our gSOAP DIME implementation (with the
                        revised DIME spec.). However, I am running into some trouble getting a
                        response from your dime_rpc WM service. For example, when I send:

                        POST /dimetest HTTP/1.0
                        Host: www.whitemesa.net
                        SOAPAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"

                        xmlns:ns="http://soapinterop.org/" xmlns:s="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
                        xmlns:h="http://soapinterop.org/exampleheader/"
                        SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns:echoBase64AsAttachment><inputBase64 xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary">aGVsbG8A</inputBase64></ns:echoBase64AsAttachment></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                        All I get as a response is:

                        HTTP/1.0 200 OK
                        Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 18:11:09 GMT
                        Server: WhiteMesa SOAP Server/2.7

                        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body /></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

                        I get the same response when I send a DIME encoded request message (as per
                        SOAP in DIME).

                        Can you tell me what might be wrong?

                        - Regards, Robert

                        Bob Cunnings wrote:

                        > Hello,
                        >
                        > The White Mesa DIME test RPC endpoint [1] and doc/literal endpoint [2] have
                        > been updated to support the revised DIME spec [3]. DIME packaged SOAP
                        > requests using the old format will fail. Also, DIME "options" may be sent
                        > but will be ignored. If anyone else has a version 1 DIME endpoint running,
                        > I would be happy to test interop using the client here.
                        >
                        > RC
                        >
                        > [1] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_rpc.wsdl
                        > [2] http://www.whitemesa.net/wsdl/dime_test.wsdl
                        > [3]
                        > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/draft-nielsen-dime-0
                        > 2.txt
                      • Robert van Engelen
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002

                          Thanks Bob. I used your doc/lit endpoint by accident.

                          > Thanks for testing the endpoint. Are you planning on putting up a
                          > DIME test endpoint yourself?

                          Yes, hopefully soon.

                          - Cheers, Robert
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
                            Hi Robert,

                            It looks like you're hitting the wrong endpoint. It should be:

                            http://www.whitemesa.net/dimetest/rpc for the RPC service [1].