Help!

  • mikejpeat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      I'm trying to build a SOAP/Web Services client in a language probably
      nobody has heard of (DataFlex), and I've had some success - I can now
      connect to almost every service I have tried by hard-coding the
      required bits.

      The problem is in trying to make it dynamic by parsing and
      interpreting the WSDL service descriptions. I can do this OK for
      simple RPC style services, but more complex ones (i.e. where complex
      data is either required or returned) are baffling me. With MS.Net-
      based services (i.e. document style), I am even more at sea - even
      simple message contents are described in such a complex way!

      There seem to n! ways to describe any given servce (where n is a non-
      tiny number) and my head is beginning to explode trying to get my
      software to cope with them all.

      Can anybody help by pointing me to a way of working all this out? Is
      there a simple "follow these steps" approach to working out the
      composition of the complex types involved, and how to extract that
      information from the WSDL types section?

      I'd be really grateful!

      TIA

      Mike Peat