Problem with Microsoft's mappoint.wsdl

  • Anne Thomas Manes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2002
      I just received this question through the "Ask The Expert" forum on
      searchWebServices:

      > Question 1:
      >
      > Java Clients for Microsoft MapPoint .net.
      >
      > I cannot get Java clients to work after generating Java classes
      > from MapPoint Web services WSDL available at
      > http://service.mappoint.net/find-20/mappoint.wsdl
      >
      > I tried testing mappoint WSDL in Round 3 SoapBuilders
      > Interoperabity and the error is as follows:
      > Errors
      > wsdl exception:
      > com.iona.webservices.wsdl.handlers.schema.ElementHandler :
      > PropertyValue element doesnt have a type defined
      > com.iona.webservices.soap.client.WSDLToolkitException:
      > wsdl exception:
      > com.iona.webservices.wsdl.handlers.schema.ElementHandler :
      > PropertyValue element doesnt have a type defined

      The culprit is in the PropertySet complexType definition:

      <s:complexType name="PropertySet">
      - <s:sequence>
      <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="PropertyName" type="s:string"
      />
      <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="PropertyValue" />
      </s:sequence>
      </s:complexType>

      As you can see, PropertyValue has no type definition, and it isn't defined
      anywhere else in the WSDL file, either.

      Would someone from Microsoft look into this problem?

      Thanks,
      Anne
    • Kirill Gavrylyuk
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2002
        Hi, Anne,
        According to XML Schema part 1 [1], if the element does not have a type,
        it is of xsd:anyType, so it looks ok to me.

        ...The type definition corresponding to the <simpleType> or
        <complexType> element information item in the [children], if either is
        present, otherwise the type definition *resolved* to by the *actual
        value* of the type [attribute], otherwise the {type definition} of the
        element declaration *resolved* to by the *actual value* of the
        substitutionGroup [attribute], if present, otherwise the *ur-type
        definition*.....

        But I'll talk to the MapPoint team if they could put type="xsd:anyType"
        on the element PropertyValue explicitly.

        [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/

        I just received this question through the "Ask The Expert" forum on
        searchWebServices:

        > Question 1:
        >
        > Java Clients for Microsoft MapPoint .net.
        >
        > I cannot get Java clients to work after generating Java classes
        > from MapPoint Web services WSDL available at
        > http://service.mappoint.net/find-20/mappoint.wsdl
        >
        > I tried testing mappoint WSDL in Round 3 SoapBuilders
        > Interoperabity and the error is as follows:
        > Errors
        > wsdl exception:
        > com.iona.webservices.wsdl.handlers.schema.ElementHandler :
        > PropertyValue element doesnt have a type defined
        > com.iona.webservices.soap.client.WSDLToolkitException:
        > wsdl exception:
        > com.iona.webservices.wsdl.handlers.schema.ElementHandler :
        > PropertyValue element doesnt have a type defined

        The culprit is in the PropertySet complexType definition:

        <s:complexType name="PropertySet">
        - <s:sequence>
        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="PropertyName"
        type="s:string"
        />
        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="PropertyValue" />
        </s:sequence>
        </s:complexType>

        As you can see, PropertyValue has no type definition, and it isn't
        defined
        anywhere else in the WSDL file, either.

        Would someone from Microsoft look into this problem?

        Thanks,
        Anne

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to