Late to the party - Apache and MSTK server swap

  • JasenJ1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2002
      I'm sure I'm arriving late to this party, but I need a little advice.

      I'm developing a set of services and wish to be able to swap out
      Apache or MSTK server platforms. Clients will be Java and MS based.
      The client code must be interoperable with either server with just an
      endpoint URL change - i.e. no specially building the SOAP Call for
      the Apache _OR_ MS server, the same Call must work with both.

      I've seen plenty of "here's how to make an Apache/Java client speak
      to an MS server" and "here's how to make an MS client speak to an
      Apache server" articles. But those involve the client building the
      SOAP Call to fit the server. I need one call that will work with
      both servers.

      At the moment, I believe this will involve customizing one of the
      servers to speak the other's SOAP dialect. I think this will be
      easier on the MS side by writing an ASP listener to interpret the
      Apache style call.

      Can any of you good people offer me advice and/or pointers to how I
      should solve this problem?

      Thanks.

      - Jasen.