Re: [soapbuilders] soaplite, nusoap and Faults

  • Vincent MATHIEU
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
      Surlignage rjray@...:

      > rjray> SOAP::Data->name->(a => 12)->type('string')
      >
      > Slight correction. Should read:
      >
      > SOAP::Data->name(a => 12)->type('string')

      Thank's.
      But, how can I do the same think with the fault message, item <detail>?

      --
      Vincent MATHIEU
      CRI - Universite NANCY 2 | Email : Vincent.Mathieu@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
        Simon,

        > Daniel, I'm still seeing this problem, I've attached the following
        > 1) a raw ethereal capture of exchange [iona.libpcap]
        > 2) a copy of the captured complete request [iona_req.txt]
        > 3) a copy of the captured complete response [iona_res.txt]
        >
        > You should be able to load the raw capture into tcpdump or ethereal to
        > look at the exact packet exchanges.

        Well, there are two problems, one on your end and a big one on ours:

        Your end: the Content-Length header is off. I count 244 characters
        (including CR and LF) for the content, not 223. However, that should
        result in a parse exception (not all the XML is there), not the error you
        are seeing. I snagged the bytes out of the libpcap and pretty much
        counted.

        Our end: there seems to be a bug in our app server that barfs if the
        headers and content are EXACTLY split accross two packets with the
        complete headers in one and the content in the other. In your case, if I
        take your data and do:
        out.write(bt,0,281);
        out.flush();
        out.write(bt,281,bt.length-281);
        out.flush();
        it fails with the same error you see. Any value other than 280 or 281
        seems to work fine. (281 is the cuttoff at the end of the headers)

        Anyway, if you change your client to not flush the stream immediately
        after the headers, you should be all set. However, this is a bug on our
        side so I wouldn't expect a change from you.

        Thanks!

        --
        J. Daniel Kulp
        Principal Engineer
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
          Thanks Daniel.

          I can't see the content-length problem though, I doubled checked and
          still get 223. Were you using ethereal to examine the dump or just
          looking at the raw file ?, if you look at the raw file, then it also
          contains data from the TCP & IP headers, which you may be counting.

          I might temporarly fold the writes into a single buffer [i thought
          that naggling would do this anyway], but I plan to move to using
          expect: 100-continue at some point, so in this case it will always
          send the headers on there own first.

          --- In soapbuilders@y..., Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@i...> wrote:

          > Simon,
          >
          > > Daniel, I'm still seeing this problem, I've attached the following
          > > 1) a raw ethereal capture of exchange [iona.libpcap]
          > > 2) a copy of the captured complete request [iona_req.txt]
          > > 3) a copy of the captured complete response [iona_res.txt]
          > >
          > > You should be able to load the raw capture into tcpdump or
          ethereal to
          > > look at the exact packet exchanges.
          >
          > Well, there are two problems, one on your end and a big one on ours:
          >
          > Your end: the Content-Length header is off. I count 244
          characters
          > (including CR and LF) for the content, not 223. However, that
          should
          > result in a parse exception (not all the XML is there), not the
          error you
          > are seeing. I snagged the bytes out of the libpcap and pretty much
          > counted.
          >
          > Our end: there seems to be a bug in our app server that barfs if
          the
          > headers and content are EXACTLY split accross two packets with the
          > complete headers in one and the content in the other. In your
          case, if I
          > take your data and do:
          > out.write(bt,0,281);
          > out.flush();
          > out.write(bt,281,bt.length-281);
          > out.flush();
          > it fails with the same error you see. Any value other than 280 or
          281
          > seems to work fine. (281 is the cuttoff at the end of the headers)
          >
          > Anyway, if you change your client to not flush the stream
          immediately
          > after the headers, you should be all set. However, this is a bug on
          our
          > side so I wouldn't expect a change from you.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > --
          > J. Daniel Kulp
          > Principal Engineer
          > IONA
          > END 2 ANYWHERE
          > P: 781-902-8727 C: 617-513-4582 F:781-902-8001
          > daniel.kulp@i...
        • Daniel Kulp
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
            > I can't see the content-length problem though, I doubled checked and
            > still get 223. Were you using ethereal to examine the dump or just
            > looking at the raw file ?, if you look at the raw file, then it also
            > contains data from the TCP & IP headers, which you may be counting.

            Oops. My fault. Editor expanded tabs to spaces. (hate tabs) That would
            obviously inflate the content length. :)