Re: [soapbuilders] IONA round 2 endpoint

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 5, 2002
      On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:22:02 -0400, in soap you wrote:

      >Simon,
      >
      >> I'm hitting the IONA round 2 server, but all i get back is a 400 bad
      >> request error, here's a wire dump
      >

      >We upgraded the server on Friday and this may be a result. I just tried
      >hitting it with our clients and everything seems OK. Could you try it
      >again?
      >
      >If it still fails, could you send me the raw wire dumps (without mangling
      >of CR/LF things and such that email clients and yahoogroups tend to do)?
      >
      >Thanks!

      Daniel, I'm still seeing this problem, I've attached the following
      1) a raw ethereal capture of exchange [iona.libpcap]
      2) a copy of the captured complete request [iona_req.txt]
      3) a copy of the captured complete response [iona_res.txt]

      You should be able to load the raw capture into tcpdump or ethereal to
      look at the exact packet exchanges.

      www.pocketsoap.com
    • Vincent MATHIEU
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 5, 2002

        I'm using soaplite as service Web, and nusoap as a customer.
        I encounter two problems with the 'detail' item of the fault object:

        1) this item is coded <detail> with soaplite, and <faultdetail> with nusoap. nusoap thus does not recover this information.

        2) If I write numerical character strings in item the detail, it is systematically transformed into integer by soaplite.
        Example with the value "12":
        <detail xsi:type="xsd:int">12</detail>

        How to make to force a value of the string type?

        thank's

        Vincent

        --
        Vincent MATHIEU
        CRI - Universite NANCY 2            | Email : Vincent.Mathieu@...

      • rjray@blackperl.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2002
          (Please try to not send mail as HTML only, at least configure your mail agent
          to offer multipart/alternative. It makes it very difficult to effectively
          quote any relevant text in a reply.)

          You don't offer the code that runs with SOAP::Lite, but from what you say, I
          can offer this: you can force the type of data items in SOAP::Lite by using
          the SOAP::Data class directly, rather than passing raw data and having
          SOAP::Data guess the type from examination of the string. As you note, "12"
          looks like an int, so it gets typed as xsd:int. If instead you passed:

          SOAP::Data->name->(a => 12)->type('string')

          You would get:

          <a xsi:type="xsd:string">12</a>

          (Of course, substitute the real parameter name for "a".)

          Randy
          Randy J. Ray rjray@...
          Campbell, CA rjray@...
          <A HREF="http://www.svsm.org">Silicon Valley Scale Modelers</A>
        • rjray@blackperl.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002

            rjray> SOAP::Data->name->(a => 12)->type('string')

            Slight correction. Should read:

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
              Surlignage rjray@...:

              > rjray> SOAP::Data->name->(a => 12)->type('string')
              >
              > Slight correction. Should read:
              >
              > SOAP::Data->name(a => 12)->type('string')

              Thank's.
              But, how can I do the same think with the fault message, item <detail>?

              --
              Vincent MATHIEU
              CRI - Universite NANCY 2 | Email : Vincent.Mathieu@...
              Pole Lorrain de Gestion | Tel : (33) 03.83.39.64.06
              13, Rue Michel Ney - C.O. 75 | Fax : (33) 03.83.39.64.43
              54013 Nancy Cedex. FRANCE
            • Daniel Kulp
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
                Simon,

                > Daniel, I'm still seeing this problem, I've attached the following
                > 1) a raw ethereal capture of exchange [iona.libpcap]
                > 2) a copy of the captured complete request [iona_req.txt]
                > 3) a copy of the captured complete response [iona_res.txt]
                >
                > You should be able to load the raw capture into tcpdump or ethereal to
                > look at the exact packet exchanges.

                Well, there are two problems, one on your end and a big one on ours:

                Your end: the Content-Length header is off. I count 244 characters
                (including CR and LF) for the content, not 223. However, that should
                result in a parse exception (not all the XML is there), not the error you
                are seeing. I snagged the bytes out of the libpcap and pretty much
                counted.

                Our end: there seems to be a bug in our app server that barfs if the
                headers and content are EXACTLY split accross two packets with the
                complete headers in one and the content in the other. In your case, if I
                take your data and do:
                out.write(bt,0,281);
                out.flush();
                out.write(bt,281,bt.length-281);
                out.flush();
                it fails with the same error you see. Any value other than 280 or 281
                seems to work fine. (281 is the cuttoff at the end of the headers)

                Anyway, if you change your client to not flush the stream immediately
                after the headers, you should be all set. However, this is a bug on our
                side so I wouldn't expect a change from you.

                Thanks!

                --
                J. Daniel Kulp
                Principal Engineer
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
                  Thanks Daniel.

                  I can't see the content-length problem though, I doubled checked and
                  still get 223. Were you using ethereal to examine the dump or just
                  looking at the raw file ?, if you look at the raw file, then it also
                  contains data from the TCP & IP headers, which you may be counting.

                  I might temporarly fold the writes into a single buffer [i thought
                  that naggling would do this anyway], but I plan to move to using
                  expect: 100-continue at some point, so in this case it will always
                  send the headers on there own first.

                  --- In soapbuilders@y..., Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@i...> wrote:

                  > Simon,
                  >
                  > > Daniel, I'm still seeing this problem, I've attached the following
                  > > 1) a raw ethereal capture of exchange [iona.libpcap]
                  > > 2) a copy of the captured complete request [iona_req.txt]
                  > > 3) a copy of the captured complete response [iona_res.txt]
                  > >
                  > > You should be able to load the raw capture into tcpdump or
                  ethereal to
                  > > look at the exact packet exchanges.
                  >
                  > Well, there are two problems, one on your end and a big one on ours:
                  >
                  > Your end: the Content-Length header is off. I count 244
                  characters
                  > (including CR and LF) for the content, not 223. However, that
                  should
                  > result in a parse exception (not all the XML is there), not the
                  error you
                  > are seeing. I snagged the bytes out of the libpcap and pretty much
                  > counted.
                  >
                  > Our end: there seems to be a bug in our app server that barfs if
                  the
                  > headers and content are EXACTLY split accross two packets with the
                  > complete headers in one and the content in the other. In your
                  case, if I
                  > take your data and do:
                  > out.write(bt,0,281);
                  > out.flush();
                  > out.write(bt,281,bt.length-281);
                  > out.flush();
                  > it fails with the same error you see. Any value other than 280 or
                  281
                  > seems to work fine. (281 is the cuttoff at the end of the headers)
                  >
                  > Anyway, if you change your client to not flush the stream
                  immediately
                  > after the headers, you should be all set. However, this is a bug on
                  our
                  > side so I wouldn't expect a change from you.
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > --
                  > J. Daniel Kulp
                  > Principal Engineer
                  > IONA
                  > END 2 ANYWHERE
                  > P: 781-902-8727 C: 617-513-4582 F:781-902-8001
                  > daniel.kulp@i...
                • Daniel Kulp
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
                    > I can't see the content-length problem though, I doubled checked and
                    > still get 223. Were you using ethereal to examine the dump or just
                    > looking at the raw file ?, if you look at the raw file, then it also
                    > contains data from the TCP & IP headers, which you may be counting.

                    Oops. My fault. Editor expanded tabs to spaces. (hate tabs) That would
                    obviously inflate the content length. :)