Re: [soapbuilders] IONA round 2 endpoint

  • Daniel Kulp
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
      Simon,

      > I'm hitting the IONA round 2 server, but all i get back is a 400 bad
      > request error, here's a wire dump

      We upgraded the server on Friday and this may be a result. I just tried
      hitting it with our clients and everything seems OK. Could you try it
      again?

      If it still fails, could you send me the raw wire dumps (without mangling
      of CR/LF things and such that email clients and yahoogroups tend to do)?

      Thanks!

      --
      J. Daniel Kulp
      Principal Engineer
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 5, 2002
        On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:22:02 -0400, in soap you wrote:

        >Simon,
        >
        >> I'm hitting the IONA round 2 server, but all i get back is a 400 bad
        >> request error, here's a wire dump
        >

        >We upgraded the server on Friday and this may be a result. I just tried
        >hitting it with our clients and everything seems OK. Could you try it
        >again?
        >
        >If it still fails, could you send me the raw wire dumps (without mangling
        >of CR/LF things and such that email clients and yahoogroups tend to do)?
        >
        >Thanks!

        Daniel, I'm still seeing this problem, I've attached the following
        1) a raw ethereal capture of exchange [iona.libpcap]
        2) a copy of the captured complete request [iona_req.txt]
        3) a copy of the captured complete response [iona_res.txt]

        You should be able to load the raw capture into tcpdump or ethereal to
        look at the exact packet exchanges.

        www.pocketsoap.com
      • Vincent MATHIEU
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2002
          Hi,

          I'm using soaplite as service Web, and nusoap as a customer.
          I encounter two problems with the 'detail' item of the fault object:

          1) this item is coded <detail> with soaplite, and <faultdetail> with nusoap. nusoap thus does not recover this information.

          2) If I write numerical character strings in item the detail, it is systematically transformed into integer by soaplite.
          Example with the value "12":
          <detail xsi:type="xsd:int">12</detail>

          How to make to force a value of the string type?

          thank's

          Vincent

          --
          Vincent MATHIEU
          CRI - Universite NANCY 2            | Email : Vincent.Mathieu@...

        • rjray@blackperl.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2002
            (Please try to not send mail as HTML only, at least configure your mail agent
            to offer multipart/alternative. It makes it very difficult to effectively
            quote any relevant text in a reply.)

            You don't offer the code that runs with SOAP::Lite, but from what you say, I
            can offer this: you can force the type of data items in SOAP::Lite by using
            the SOAP::Data class directly, rather than passing raw data and having
            SOAP::Data guess the type from examination of the string. As you note, "12"
            looks like an int, so it gets typed as xsd:int. If instead you passed:

            SOAP::Data->name->(a => 12)->type('string')

            You would get:

            <a xsi:type="xsd:string">12</a>

            (Of course, substitute the real parameter name for "a".)

            Randy
            Randy J. Ray rjray@...
            Campbell, CA rjray@...
            <A HREF="http://www.svsm.org">Silicon Valley Scale Modelers</A>
          • rjray@blackperl.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002

              rjray> SOAP::Data->name->(a => 12)->type('string')

              Slight correction. Should read:

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
                Surlignage rjray@...:

                > rjray> SOAP::Data->name->(a => 12)->type('string')
                >
                > Slight correction. Should read:
                >
                > SOAP::Data->name(a => 12)->type('string')

                Thank's.
                But, how can I do the same think with the fault message, item <detail>?

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
                  Simon,

                  > Daniel, I'm still seeing this problem, I've attached the following
                  > 1) a raw ethereal capture of exchange [iona.libpcap]
                  > 2) a copy of the captured complete request [iona_req.txt]
                  > 3) a copy of the captured complete response [iona_res.txt]
                  >
                  > You should be able to load the raw capture into tcpdump or ethereal to
                  > look at the exact packet exchanges.

                  Well, there are two problems, one on your end and a big one on ours:

                  Your end: the Content-Length header is off. I count 244 characters
                  (including CR and LF) for the content, not 223. However, that should
                  result in a parse exception (not all the XML is there), not the error you
                  are seeing. I snagged the bytes out of the libpcap and pretty much
                  counted.

                  Our end: there seems to be a bug in our app server that barfs if the
                  headers and content are EXACTLY split accross two packets with the
                  complete headers in one and the content in the other. In your case, if I
                  take your data and do:
                  out.write(bt,0,281);
                  out.flush();
                  out.write(bt,281,bt.length-281);
                  out.flush();
                  it fails with the same error you see. Any value other than 280 or 281
                  seems to work fine. (281 is the cuttoff at the end of the headers)

                  Anyway, if you change your client to not flush the stream immediately
                  after the headers, you should be all set. However, this is a bug on our
                  side so I wouldn't expect a change from you.

                  Thanks!

                  --
                  J. Daniel Kulp
                  Principal Engineer
                  IONA
                  END 2 ANYWHERE
                  P: 781-902-8727 C: 617-513-4582 F:781-902-8001
                  daniel.kulp@...
                • simonfell99
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
                    Thanks Daniel.

                    I can't see the content-length problem though, I doubled checked and
                    still get 223. Were you using ethereal to examine the dump or just
                    looking at the raw file ?, if you look at the raw file, then it also
                    contains data from the TCP & IP headers, which you may be counting.

                    I might temporarly fold the writes into a single buffer [i thought
                    that naggling would do this anyway], but I plan to move to using
                    expect: 100-continue at some point, so in this case it will always
                    send the headers on there own first.

                    --- In soapbuilders@y..., Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@i...> wrote:

                    > Simon,
                    >
                    > > Daniel, I'm still seeing this problem, I've attached the following
                    > > 1) a raw ethereal capture of exchange [iona.libpcap]
                    > > 2) a copy of the captured complete request [iona_req.txt]
                    > > 3) a copy of the captured complete response [iona_res.txt]
                    > >
                    > > You should be able to load the raw capture into tcpdump or
                    ethereal to
                    > > look at the exact packet exchanges.
                    >
                    > Well, there are two problems, one on your end and a big one on ours:
                    >
                    > Your end: the Content-Length header is off. I count 244
                    characters
                    > (including CR and LF) for the content, not 223. However, that
                    should
                    > result in a parse exception (not all the XML is there), not the
                    error you
                    > are seeing. I snagged the bytes out of the libpcap and pretty much
                    > counted.
                    >
                    > Our end: there seems to be a bug in our app server that barfs if
                    the
                    > headers and content are EXACTLY split accross two packets with the
                    > complete headers in one and the content in the other. In your
                    case, if I
                    > take your data and do:
                    > out.write(bt,0,281);
                    > out.flush();
                    > out.write(bt,281,bt.length-281);
                    > out.flush();
                    > it fails with the same error you see. Any value other than 280 or
                    281
                    > seems to work fine. (281 is the cuttoff at the end of the headers)
                    >
                    > Anyway, if you change your client to not flush the stream
                    immediately
                    > after the headers, you should be all set. However, this is a bug on
                    our
                    > side so I wouldn't expect a change from you.
                    >
                    > Thanks!
                    >
                    > --
                    > J. Daniel Kulp
                    > Principal Engineer
                    > IONA
                    > END 2 ANYWHERE
                    > P: 781-902-8727 C: 617-513-4582 F:781-902-8001
                    > daniel.kulp@i...
                  • Daniel Kulp
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
                      > I can't see the content-length problem though, I doubled checked and
                      > still get 223. Were you using ethereal to examine the dump or just
                      > looking at the raw file ?, if you look at the raw file, then it also
                      > contains data from the TCP & IP headers, which you may be counting.

                      Oops. My fault. Editor expanded tabs to spaces. (hate tabs) That would
                      obviously inflate the content length. :)