WASP base/groupB endpoints update

  • Tomas Bahnik
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2002
      WASP base [1] and groupB [2] endpoints have been updated to WASP 4.0 beta1.
      We would appreciate if you rerun your clients.

      groupC endpoint will come soon, and clients results [3] will be updated
      today.

      [1] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/InteropService/
      [2] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/InteropBService/
      [3] http://soap.systinet.net/interop/

      Thanks

      Tomas Bahnik
      Systinet Corp
      Message 2 of 6 , May 27, 2002
        I've just tested against the base endpoint, and spotted a few problems

        i) the charset attribute on the content-type header should be
        specified
        ii) got a HTTP status code of 200 for a SOAP Fault message
        iii) normal SOAP messages have a leading \r\n before the <?xml tag,
        this causes expat to report [correctly, i believe] a parsing error.
        kSOAP also has this problem as well

        www.pocketsoap.com

        Message 3 of 6 , May 27, 2002
          Hi,

          I've updated the interop Round 2 page with the info. Tests with the White Mesa client for "base" and "Group B" result in "all pass".

          RC

          > WASP base [1] and groupB [2] endpoints have been updated to WASP 4.0 beta1.
          > We would appreciate if you rerun your clients.
          >
          > groupC endpoint will come soon, and clients results [3] will be updated
          > today.
          >
          > [1] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/InteropService/
          > [2] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/InteropBService/
          > [3] http://soap.systinet.net/interop/
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Tomas Bahnik
          > Systinet Corp

        • Jan Alexander
          Message 4 of 6 , May 28, 2002
            Simon,

            thanks for your info. I've some remarks to it:

            i) According to RFC-3023, the charset parameter to text/xml content type is
            not mandatory. It is strongly recommended thought, so we will definitely add
            it in the next version of WASP 4
            ii) could you please send me in which interop test you have experienced this
            problem, our internal testing shows, that SOAP Faults are sent using
            HTTP/1.1 500 status code from WASP Server 4.0 beta1.
            iii) According to the HTTP specification (RFC-2616), the HTTP Message is
            composed of start-line *(message-header CRLF) CRLF [ message-body ],
            therefore is MUST be CRLF before <?xml tag just because it is part of HTTP
            protocol. Additionally we are using chunked encoding, therefore the actual
            message is prepended with chunk-size and additional CRLF according to the
            chunked encoding specification (chunk := chunk-size [ chunk-extension ] CRLF
            chunk-data CRLF). WASP does not use chunked encoding, when the client uses
            HTTP/1.0 protocol.

            Regards,

            Jan Alexander
            WASP Server Chief Architect, Systinet (formerly Idoox)
            http://www.systinet.com

            > I've just tested against the base endpoint, and spotted a few problems
            >
            > i) the charset attribute on the content-type header should be
            > specified
            > ii) got a HTTP status code of 200 for a SOAP Fault message
            > iii) normal SOAP messages have a leading \r\n before the <?xml tag,
            > this causes expat to report [correctly, i believe] a parsing error.
            > kSOAP also has this problem as well
            >
            > Cheers
            > Simon
            > www.pocketsoap.com
            >
            > On Mon, 27 May 2002 10:20:43 +0200, in soap you wrote:
            >
            > >WASP base [1] and groupB [2] endpoints have been updated to WASP 4.0
            beta1.
            > >We would appreciate if you rerun your clients.
            > >
            > >groupC endpoint will come soon, and clients results [3] will be updated
            > >today.
            > >
            > >[1] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/InteropService/
            > >[2] http://soap.systinet.net/ws/InteropBService/
            > >[3] http://soap.systinet.net/interop/
            > >
            > >Thanks
            > >
            > >Tomas Bahnik
            > >Systinet Corp

          • simonfell99
            Message 5 of 6 , May 28, 2002
              --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Jan Alexander" <alex@s...> wrote:
              > Simon,
              >
              > thanks for your info. I've some remarks to it:
              >
              > i) According to RFC-3023, the charset parameter to text/xml content
              > type is not mandatory. It is strongly recommended thought, so we
              > will definitely add > it in the next version of WASP 4

              Yes, its not mandatory, however when its not present, the client has
              to treat the payload as us-ascii [regardless of any indication in the
              payload]

              > > ii) could you please send me in which interop test you have
              > experienced this problem, our internal testing shows, that SOAP
              > Faults are sent using HTTP/1.1 500 status code from WASP Server
              > 4.0 beta1.

              I'll try and track this down.

              > > > iii) According to the HTTP specification (RFC-2616), the HTTP
              > Message is composed of
              > start-line *(message-header CRLF) CRLF [ message-body ],
              > therefore is MUST be CRLF before <?xml tag just because it is part
              > of HTTP protocol. Additionally we are using chunked encoding,
              > therefore the actual message is prepended with chunk-size
              > and additional CRLF according to the chunked encoding
              > specification (chunk := chunk-size [ chunk-extension ] CRLF
              > chunk-data CRLF). WASP does not use chunked encoding, when
              > the client uses HTTP/1.0 protocol.

              Yes, i meant after the CRLF that indicates the end of the headers,
              e.g. something like

              HTTP/1.0 200 OK
              Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 17:41:42 GMT
              Server: WASP Server/4.0 beta (Java/1.3.0_02; Linux/2.2.19)
              Proxy-Connection: close

              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

              I have been testing with Squid as a proxy, so it might be an issue
              there. I have both HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 transports for PocketSOAP,
              I'll retest both of them without Squid.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 29, 2002
                On Tue, 28 May 2002 18:01:51 -0000, in soap you wrote:

                >--- In soapbuilders@y..., "Jan Alexander" <alex@s...> wrote:

                >I have been testing with Squid as a proxy, so it might be an issue
                >there. I have both HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 transports for PocketSOAP,
                >I'll retest both of them without Squid.

                Testing without Squid with both HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 worked fine.
                However using Squid with servers that do chunked transfers results in
                errors [although nothing looks obviously wrong], I'll dig further, but
                this looks like a Squid issue.

                www.pocketsoap.com