digest authentication for F2F

    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2002
      It was proposed that we include HTTP digest authentication as part of
      the upcoming F2F tests, I believe largely because the MS mappoint.net
      demo uses digest auth.
      I've been investigating this for PocketSOAP, and it appears that there
      are some issues[1] with the current MSFT implementations of digest
      auth, I assume that the mappoint.net servers suffer from this as well
      [Scott, can you confirm this ?].

      I'd like to suggest that we remove this test for time being.

      www.pocketsoap.com
      [1] http://www.eweek.com/print_article/0,3668,a%3D24177,00.asp
    • Scott Seely
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2002
        This is being investigated.

        _______________________________
        Scott Seely
        http://msdn.microsoft.com/columns/service.asp

        It was proposed that we include HTTP digest authentication as part of
        the upcoming F2F tests, I believe largely because the MS mappoint.net
        demo uses digest auth.
        I've been investigating this for PocketSOAP, and it appears that there
        are some issues[1] with the current MSFT implementations of digest
        auth, I assume that the mappoint.net servers suffer from this as well
        [Scott, can you confirm this ?].

        I'd like to suggest that we remove this test for time being.

        www.pocketsoap.com
        [1] http://www.eweek.com/print_article/0,3668,a%3D24177,00.asp

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Kirill Gavrylyuk
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2002
          Hi, all,
          AFAIK, the problem mentioned in the article is true only for the urls
          that contain '?' (query strings). Seems like the reason is an
          unfortunate spec bug in RFCs 2617,2616.

          As long as our SOAP servers do not employ query strings (which is true
          for most SOAP endpoints) there should not be any problems.

          There might be problems to get WSDL over http from the endpoint in some
          cases.

          I would try it out on the f2f, to see how this problem affects SOAP
          scenarios.
          Thanks

          ---------------
          rights.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2002

            the simplest way to see whether the problem occurs only when url contains
            '?' is trying to access (for example by Mozilla browser)
            some web site with URL not containing '?' hosted in MS IIS and protected by
            HttpDigest.
            It seems that the problem browser isn't success even in this case (url
            without '?').

            regards,
            P.Q.Hung
            Systinet (formerly Idoox)