RE: [soapbuilders] Fourth interop event - tests

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 8:31 PM
      Hi, all!
      Couple thoughts on tests agenda [1]:

      1. WSDL interop tests. So far we have the following list of tests from
      the previous Round 3 f2f [2]
      The first item of the meeting agenda is to finish testing that we didn't
      do on the previous f2f.
      Here are couple other WSDL issues that we didn't cover last time:

      - wsdl:import /xsd:import. We had 3 tests for wsdl:import last time.
      There are 8 scenarios listed in [3]. We could add wsdl with schema
      importing schema from another wsdl, for example. Would be great at least
      to discuss/settle semantics of the wsdl:import.

      - Arrays in document/literal. So far we tested only
      <sequence>
      <element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="1".../>
      </sequence>
      What about <all> instead of <sequence>? HashMap is a good test case for
      arrays of complex types in document/literal.

      - <any maxOccurs="unbounded"/>. Often used to transfer sequence of
      arbitrary XML nodes.

      - <soap:header/> in conjunction with soap:body/@parts use.

      2. The second item suggested was Digest/Basic auth. Test if the http
      stacks that our tools use against webservers our server tools run on.
      Any primitive SOAP test (echoString) could be employed.

      3. Tests for hashmaps and data sets.
      We could agree on a simple echoMap service but do it in terms of
      document/literal, so that we don't fall into a moot discussion on
      Section 5 rules. We could use along the lines what Apache and others
      used, see below (and correct me if I'm wrong). I can get simple echo
      wsdl up on Tuesday. Same with DataSets, they can get more complex then
      hashmap, I can bring up a simple service to play with.

      [2] http://www.whitemesa.net/r3/interop3.html

      Schema for the hashmap:

      <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
      targetNamespace="http://soapinterop.org/xsd/hashmap"

      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

      <complexType name="hashmap">
      <sequence>