RE: [soapbuilders] Soap Understanding

  • Jorgen Thelin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2002
      Message
      What most toolkits give you is a framework for automatically handling the tedious bits of the XML serialization / deserialization, plus the SOAP protocol itself, including all the sometimes complex encoding rules.
      You can of course do all this yourself if you want, but to be honest the most valuable use of your time is in writing the actual logic for the web service, not all the plumbing.
      There are already many good toolkits out there covering almost all the programming languages you may want to use, and believe me writing SOAP "plumbing" is far from a trivial task.
      Ultimately SOAP toolkits can handle all the mechanics for you so all you have to write is a regular Java method (or C# or any other language for that matter) that receives some user defined data objects and parameters.  Mature toolkits can handle all of the SOAP side of things completely transparently.

      - Jorgen

      P.S. Your message is slightly off topic for this mailing list - see the footer for details.

      ----
      Try http://www.capeclear.com/ for all your Web Services software needs.
      CapeConnect - Enterprise-grade Web Services Runtime Platform
      CapeStudio - Professional Web Services Development Suite
      ----