Re: [soapbuilders] Schema question

  • Robert van Engelen
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 8, 2002
      > Thanks. I would have thought there were other potential member name
      > issues. For example, if your programming language allows variable names
      > to have characters that are not XML Name characters. In general, I would

      That's an accurate observation. I came up with conventions for special
      characters. For example, element <ns1:x.y-z> maps to ns2__x_DOT_y_z,
      assuming that ns1 refers to the same namespace URI as ns2 (light validation).

      This way, I can map

      class ns__X
      { int n;
      };
      class ns__Y:ns__X
      { int n;
      int m;
      };

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <schema
      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
      targetNamespace="XXXXX"
      xmlns:ns="XXXXX">
      <complexType name="X">
      <sequence>
      <element name="n" type="xsd:int" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
      </sequence>
      </complexType>
      <complexType name="Y">
      <complexContent>
      <extension base="ns:X">
      <sequence>
      <element name="ns:Y.n" type="xsd:int" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
      <element name="m" type="xsd:int" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
      </sequence>
      </extension>
      </complexContent>
      </complexType>
      </schema>

      and vice-versa. I made a change to my schema generator to accomodate
      overriding. Is the use of the element name="ns:Y.n" valid in this case?

      - Robert