Requirement that SOAP headers be complex types

  • david_cleary
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2002
      In working on determing an interoperable WSDL for our application
      server environment, .NET throws an error when specifying a SOAP
      header that uses a simple type instead of a complex type when
      compiling the WSDL. Also, your header interop test case also uses a
      complex type. Is this a requirement in the SOAP spec, or just a
      limitation of .NET?

      David Cleary
      Progress Software
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2002
        I don't believe there's anything in the spec that requires headers to
        be complex types, and in fact in section 4.2.1 of the SOAP spec
        there's an example header with a simpleType. This sounds like a .NET
        issue.

        www.pocketsoap.com