FWD: [Announce] Wingfoot SOAP 1.0

  • Sam Ruby
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      New offering. I'm not familiar with the product, but I do like the fact
      that they publish interop results. ;-)

      - Sam Ruby
      ---------------------- Forwarded by Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM on 04/01/2002
      04:51 PM ---------------------------

      "Baldwin Louie" <baldwinlouie@...> on 03/31/2002 05:35:29 PM

      Please respond to soap-dev@...

      To: <soap-dev@...>
      cc:
      Subject: [Announce] Wingfoot SOAP 1.0

      We are pleased to announce the release of Wingfoot SOAP 1.0

      This is a part of the Wingfoot Mobile Web Services Platform, and can be
      downloaded from
      http://www.wingfoot.com/products.jsp

      Wingfoot SOAP is a lightweight client implementation of SOAP 1.1 for J2ME
      (CLDC and CDC) and J2SE. It's
      features include:

      * Small and fast
      * Built-in support for int, integer, long, short, float, boolean, string,
      dateTime, base64 and Java
      beans.
      * Supports Hashtable and Vector from Apache SOAP.
      * Pluggable custom serializers for data structures not supported.
      * Pluggable transports
      * Support for Document style and RPC style payload
      * Support for J2ME HTTP transport and J2SE HTTP transport provided

      Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

      About Wingfoot

      Wingfoot Software provides infrastructure to integrate memory constrained
      devices with enterprise applications. Our Mobile Web Services Platform
      enables devices with small form factor to integrate with J2EE,
      .NET and legacy applications.

      Please contact us at info@... or visit us on the web at
      http://www.wingfoot.com for additional information about our products and
      services.