Client implementation code for SOAP interops, please help.

  • chesterxgchen
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2002
      Hi,
      I am new to SOAP. I deployed JAVA apps as web services
      using apache 2.2 soap server (and plan to move to AXIS when AXIS some
      time later), I have used both IBM's WSTK 2.4 and AXIS beta 1 utlities
      to get my WSDL and generate proxy. THings sames fine on JAVA side
      (either java as client or server).

      I am trying to use Microsofts SOAP toolkit 2.0 ( I have not tried
      with .net yet) through a VB to send SOAP message to APACHE server.
      But I am having trouble even to get the basic echoService to work.
      When I tried to connect to XMethods apache 2.1 SOAPInterop service, I
      got connection failed error, when I troed with my own service I got
      some SOAPmapping error from toolkit.

      Apparently I am missing something basic. The book I have "Prof. XML
      web services" teach me a lot of things about SOAP. But most of
      examples, only show client and server in the same platform (I did not
      check perl, python etc.), for example, using java client against
      apache server with java server code. Microsoft toolkit against
      microsoft code, or .net server and .net client.

      I am wondering if there a open source codes in different languges
      shows the Client side implementations for the SOAPInterOps. For
      example, Does XMethods public their implementation ?

      Please help.

      Thank you.

      Chester

      So
    • Robert van Engelen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2002
        Hi Chester,

        Please visit: http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/interop2results.html
        You can download a C++ interop client (and server) as well as the gSOAP
        open-source SOAP implementation for C and C++ that supports multi-threaded
        SSL-secure web services.

        Enjoy!

        - Robert
      • Rebecca Dias
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
          has a host of results from the most recent SOAP Builders Interop Forum.
          Here you can see what implementations and from what vendors are interoperable with each other and with what datatypes.

          Currently this forum has begun another internet round on WS-Routing.  This forum is about sharing
          ideas on how to make Web Services Interoperable.

          becky
          IONA
          PM Orbix E2A XMLBus.