"RPC" and "Messaging" style in SOAP

  • Naresh Agarwal
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8 12:40 AM
      Hi

      Soap can be used in two ways : "RPC" and "Messaging". I have questions
      regarding this:

      1) In the context of Web-Services, Soap seems to be used in "RPC" style
      only. Can Web-Service potentially use "Messaging" style of SOAP?

      2) According to my understanding, when used in "RPC" style, Soap
      messages represent a call to a remote object. and when used in
      "Messaging" style, soap messages represent a "XML document". How this
      XML document would be produced and consumed is up to the implementor.

      Thus Soap, when used in "RPC" style make the calls "truely
      interoperable". But i could not see any "interoperability". if Soap is
      used in "Messaging" style. Am i wrong somewhere?

      3) What are the scenerios, in which Soap can be used in "Messaging"
      style?

      i would appreciate any comments on the above.

      thanks,

      regards,
      Naresh Agarwal