Re: map / dictionary serialization

  • wes_moulder
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
      I should probably add that we are using a different qname so as not
      to confuse anyone else's toolkit.
      --Wes

      --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Wes Moulder" <wes@t...> wrote:
      > Simon,
      > We started out doing this in the same style as Apache, but .NET
      barfs on
      > it completely. We moved over to an object with two single
      dimensional
      > arrays. (keys and values) I have no qualms about doing it either
      way,
      > personally, and I'd love it if these things actually mapped onto a
      Map,
      > Hashtable, or Dictionary type of object on the other side.
      >
      > --Wes

    • graham glass
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
        hi there,

        don't you guys have problems with .NET interop based on these schemas?
        when we tried, .NET won't generate web references that use this stuff.

        cheers,
        graham
        I got samples from Paul K, so I assume soap::lite does, too. :)
        Encryption)
        http://www.zolera.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
          > don't you guys have problems with .NET interop based on these schemas?
          > when we tried, .NET won't generate web references that use this stuff.

          I don't exepct every soap toolkit to support every datatype.
          ZSI is in python, and by default I turn dictionaries (hash/maps) into
          struct's.

          Encryption)
          http://www.zolera.com
        • Graham Glass
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7, 2002

            Hi guys,

            If I want to define an operation that can accept any XML document and return any XSL document, what would this look like in WSDL?

            Assume document/literal mode, of course ;-)

            Cheers,

            graham