Re: [soapbuilders] map / dictionary serialization

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
      ZSI does (http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap, Map) just like Apache does.
      I got samples from Paul K, so I assume soap::lite does, too. :)
      Encryption)
      http://www.zolera.com
    • wes_moulder
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
        I should probably add that we are using a different qname so as not
        to confuse anyone else's toolkit.
        --Wes

        --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Wes Moulder" <wes@t...> wrote:
        > Simon,
        > We started out doing this in the same style as Apache, but .NET
        barfs on
        > it completely. We moved over to an object with two single
        dimensional
        > arrays. (keys and values) I have no qualms about doing it either
        way,
        > personally, and I'd love it if these things actually mapped onto a
        Map,
        > Hashtable, or Dictionary type of object on the other side.
        >
        > --Wes

      • graham glass
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
          hi there,

          don't you guys have problems with .NET interop based on these schemas?
          when we tried, .NET won't generate web references that use this stuff.

          cheers,
          graham

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
            > don't you guys have problems with .NET interop based on these schemas?
            > when we tried, .NET won't generate web references that use this stuff.

            I don't exepct every soap toolkit to support every datatype.
            ZSI is in python, and by default I turn dictionaries (hash/maps) into
            struct's.

            Encryption)
            http://www.zolera.com
          • Graham Glass
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 7, 2002

              Hi guys,

              If I want to define an operation that can accept any XML document and return any XSL document, what would this look like in WSDL?

              Assume document/literal mode, of course ;-)

              Cheers,

              graham