Re: [soapbuilders] map / dictionary serialization

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6 3:39 PM
      ZSI does (http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap, Map) just like Apache does.
      I got samples from Paul K, so I assume soap::lite does, too. :)
      Encryption)
      http://www.zolera.com
    • wes_moulder
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6 3:45 PM
        I should probably add that we are using a different qname so as not
        to confuse anyone else's toolkit.
        --Wes

        --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Wes Moulder" <wes@t...> wrote:
        > Simon,
        > We started out doing this in the same style as Apache, but .NET
        barfs on
        > it completely. We moved over to an object with two single
        dimensional
        > arrays. (keys and values) I have no qualms about doing it either
        way,
        > personally, and I'd love it if these things actually mapped onto a
        Map,
        > Hashtable, or Dictionary type of object on the other side.
        >
        > --Wes

      • graham glass
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6 3:47 PM
          hi there,

          don't you guys have problems with .NET interop based on these schemas?
          when we tried, .NET won't generate web references that use this stuff.

          cheers,
          graham

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6 3:56 PM
            > don't you guys have problems with .NET interop based on these schemas?
            > when we tried, .NET won't generate web references that use this stuff.

            I don't exepct every soap toolkit to support every datatype.
            ZSI is in python, and by default I turn dictionaries (hash/maps) into
            struct's.

            Encryption)
            http://www.zolera.com
          • Graham Glass
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 7 4:20 PM

              Hi guys,

              If I want to define an operation that can accept any XML document and return any XSL document, what would this look like in WSDL?

              Assume document/literal mode, of course ;-)

              Cheers,

              graham