map / dictionary serialization

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
      What are people doing for this, is everyone following the Apache
      serialization ?, is everyone using the Apache QName as the type ?,
      anyone doing anything different ?

      Tx
      Simon
      www.pocketsoap.com
    • Wes Moulder
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002

        Simon,

        We started out doing this in the same style as Apache, but .NET barfs on it completely.  We moved over to an object with two single dimensional arrays. (keys and values)  I have no qualms about doing it either way, personally, and I’d love it if these things actually mapped onto a Map, Hashtable, or Dictionary type of object on the other side.

        --Wes

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
          ZSI does (http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap, Map) just like Apache does.
          I got samples from Paul K, so I assume soap::lite does, too. :)
          Encryption)
          http://www.zolera.com
        • wes_moulder
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
            I should probably add that we are using a different qname so as not
            to confuse anyone else's toolkit.
            --Wes

            --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Wes Moulder" <wes@t...> wrote:
            > Simon,
            > We started out doing this in the same style as Apache, but .NET
            barfs on
            > it completely. We moved over to an object with two single
            dimensional
            > arrays. (keys and values) I have no qualms about doing it either
            way,
            > personally, and I'd love it if these things actually mapped onto a
            Map,
            > Hashtable, or Dictionary type of object on the other side.
            >
            > --Wes

          • graham glass
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
              hi there,

              don't you guys have problems with .NET interop based on these schemas?
              when we tried, .NET won't generate web references that use this stuff.

              cheers,
              graham

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
                > don't you guys have problems with .NET interop based on these schemas?
                > when we tried, .NET won't generate web references that use this stuff.

                I don't exepct every soap toolkit to support every datatype.
                ZSI is in python, and by default I turn dictionaries (hash/maps) into
                struct's.

                Encryption)
                http://www.zolera.com
              • Graham Glass
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 7, 2002

                  Hi guys,

                  If I want to define an operation that can accept any XML document and return any XSL document, what would this look like in WSDL?

                  Assume document/literal mode, of course ;-)

                  Cheers,

                  graham