Content type of 'text/xml,text/xml', but expected 'text/xml'...

  • telly_nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2002
      Hi all,

      I have a Webservice programmed with the Java Webservice Development
      Kit and I can connect to this service with a Java Client, but, as
      webservices are said to be platform independent, I want to eventually
      connect this webservice with a webservice made in VS.Net in C#. To
      just test the java webservice I created a c# client application
      (windows forms) in VS.Net and started it. I get the following error
      message:

      --
      An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in
      system.web.services.dll

      Additional information: Client found response content type
      of 'text/xml,text/xml', but expected 'text/xml'.
      The request failed with the error message:
      --
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

      --.

      As can be noticed is the odd thing that he in fact gets the right
      result > "Hallo Sander", but he says the content type is wrong. What
      is happening here and how can I correct it? I use the JavaTM Web
      Services Developer Pack ("JavaTM WSDP") with Tomcat and VS.net Beta
      2. So i am wondering wether this is an error of the server (tomcat)
      or a client side bug?

      Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance.

      kind regards,

      benedikt