RE: [soapbuilders] Industry Acceptance

  • Dana E. Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2002
      check out

      http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/

      Dana E. Johnson
      Phalanxsys LLC
      www.phalanxsys.com
      djohnson@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Aaron Rasmusson [mailto:aaron.rasmusson@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 12:11 PM
      To: 'soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: [soapbuilders] Industry Acceptance

      Hi All

      Sorry if this is off topic, but this seems like the best place to ask this
      question. I have been looking at implementing web services and SOAP and I
      have been asked about industry acceptance. I have been to www.xmethods.net,
      www.salcentral.com, uddi.microsoft.com. Most of these sites list various
      general purpose web services that vary in degree of usefulness (Microsoft's
      is more business related).

      Also by looking at this group and the associated website one can get an idea
      that there is active development on tool supplier side with a wide variety
      of platforms supported.

      Does anyone here know of any good sites, articles or comments that indicate
      that web services and SOAP will gain wide spread industry acceptance. I
      believe that it will, but I am looking for information.

      Thanks

      Aaron Rasmusson