Re: [soapbuilders] Q on xsi:type

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23 11:38 AM
      Thanks Dan,

      This leads me to more interesting cases, such as

      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      xmlns:Enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      xmlns:a="http://foo.org/"
      <SOAP-ENV:Header>
      <a:myHeader SOAP-ENV:actor="http://foo.org/"
      xsi:type='xsd:string'>some string</a:myHeader>
      </SOAP-ENV:Header>
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <echoStringResponse><str href="#a"/>
      </echoStringResponse>
      <val Enc:root="0" id="a" xsi:type="xsd:string">Some other string</val>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      So, In this case both myHeader & val are wrong. val can be fixed by
      switching it to
      <val Enc:root="0" id="a" xsi:type="Enc:string">Some other string</val>

      And this particular example of myHeader can be fixed in the same way
      <a:myHeader SOAP-ENV:actor="http://foo.org/"
      xsi:type='Enc:string'>some string</a:myHeader>

      However if myHeader was
      <a:myHeader Enc:root='1' SOAP-ENV:actor="http://foo.org/"
      xsi:type='Enc:string'>some string</a:myHeader>

      Then this requires a new type definition for myHeader, as Enc:string
      uses <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax" />
      dis-allowing the Enc:root attribute as its from the same namespace.

      www.pocketsoap.com