RE: [soapbuilders] WSDL schemas update

  • Matt Long
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
      All,

      It looks like wsdl:required is back on the table.

      With regard for soap binding schema,

      1) soap:body, where wsdl:required="1" or omitted is valid;
      wsdl:required="0" invalid
      2) soap:operation, (same as (1))
      3) soap:fault, optional where wsdl:required="1" is explicitly defined fault;
      wsdl:required="0" is optional explicit usage.
      4) soap:header
      a) input header, where wsdl:required="1" is required input header;
      wsdl:required="0" or omitted optional header
      b) output header, where wsdl:required="1" header is always transmitted;
      wsdl:required="0" or omittted optional transmitted header

      Is this consistent with current thoughts on usage of wsdl:required?

      Thx,

      -Matt Long
      Phalanx Systems, LLC

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
        Adding soapbuilders.

        == Mike ==

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
          Message
          Thanks, James,
          >However, in the schema it is still marked as optional.
          this seem to be a bug in the schema, need to fix this. Any objections?
          >While on the subject of default values - would it be a good idea to include the default values for such attributes in the schema
          would be good, where possible.
          Thanks.
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
            On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:19:32 -0800, in soap you wrote:

            >Hi, all!
            >Following community demand for updating WSDL schemas to Recommendation
            >version of XML Schema, schemas were updated at the following locations:
            >
            >Wsdl.xsd - http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
            >Wsdl-mime.xsd - http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/
            >Wsdl-http.xsd - http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/
            >Wsdl-soap.xsd - http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/
            >
            >Schemas were also fixed in couple places to match verbiage of the WSDL
            >spec. They were reviewed and approved by spec authors.
            >Please take a look and tell us if there are any problems.
            >
            >Thank you.

            Earlier versions of the schema used a sequence for the definitions
            element, now its a repeating choice, was there a specific reason to go
            away from requiring the elements in definitions to be in a specific
            order ?

            Tx
            Simon
            www.pocketsoap.com
          • Kirill Gavrylyuk
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
              Hi, Simon!
              We felt that spec wording does not limit the order of definitions
              children. So we put a sequence of choice elements to allow any order.
              What do people think about it?

              Thanks.

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                I'd prefer for as few as possible semantic changes to be made. The
                fixed order is useful if you have a sax based processor for WSDL.

                www.pocketsoap.com

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                  Kirill,

                  That's going to break some ppl who developed on the literal definition of
                  sequence (children of definitions) in the previous schema.

                  Thx,

                  -Matt Long
                  Phalanx Systems, LLC

                • Kirill Gavrylyuk
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                    I see - sure, I don't think there is any problem with reverting it back.
                    Does everybody concur that schema for definitions element should be
                    reverted back to <sequence>?
                    Thanks