WSDL schemas update

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
      WSDL schemas update

      Hi, all!
      Following community demand for updating WSDL schemas to Recommendation version of XML Schema, schemas were updated at the following locations:

      Wsdl.xsd                -       http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
      Wsdl-mime.xsd   -       http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/
      Wsdl-http.xsd   -       http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/
      Wsdl-soap.xsd   -       http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/

      Schemas were also fixed in couple places to match verbiage of the WSDL spec. They were reviewed and approved by spec authors.

      Please take a look and tell us if there are any problems.

      Thank you.

    • James Pasley
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
        The use attribute on the soap body is described in the spec as
        "The required use attribute indicates whether...."
        However, in the schema it is still marked as optional.

        If it is intended to be optional, what is it's default value?
        As the default for style is "document", as sensible default for use might be
        "literal".

        While on the subject of default values - would it be a good idea to
        include the default values for such attributes in the schema?

        James.

        Cape Clear Software Limited.
        61 Fitzwilliam Lane
        Dublin 2
        Ireland.

        Following community demand for updating WSDL schemas to Recommendation
        version of XML Schema, schemas were updated at the following locations:

        Wsdl.xsd - <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/>
        http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
        Wsdl-mime.xsd - <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/>
        http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/
        Wsdl-http.xsd - <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/>
        http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/
        Wsdl-soap.xsd - <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/>
        http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/

        Schemas were also fixed in couple places to match verbiage of the WSDL spec.
        They were reviewed and approved by spec authors.

        Please take a look and tell us if there are any problems.

        Thank you.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      • Matt Long
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
          All,

          It looks like wsdl:required is back on the table.

          With regard for soap binding schema,

          1) soap:body, where wsdl:required="1" or omitted is valid;
          wsdl:required="0" invalid
          2) soap:operation, (same as (1))
          3) soap:fault, optional where wsdl:required="1" is explicitly defined fault;
          wsdl:required="0" is optional explicit usage.
          4) soap:header
          a) input header, where wsdl:required="1" is required input header;
          wsdl:required="0" or omitted optional header
          b) output header, where wsdl:required="1" header is always transmitted;
          wsdl:required="0" or omittted optional transmitted header

          Is this consistent with current thoughts on usage of wsdl:required?

          Thx,

          -Matt Long
          Phalanx Systems, LLC

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
            Adding soapbuilders.

            == Mike ==

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
              Message
              Thanks, James,
              >However, in the schema it is still marked as optional.
              this seem to be a bug in the schema, need to fix this. Any objections?
              >While on the subject of default values - would it be a good idea to include the default values for such attributes in the schema
              would be good, where possible.
              Thanks.

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:19:32 -0800, in soap you wrote:

                >Hi, all!
                >Following community demand for updating WSDL schemas to Recommendation
                >version of XML Schema, schemas were updated at the following locations:
                >
                >Wsdl.xsd - http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
                >Wsdl-mime.xsd - http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/
                >Wsdl-http.xsd - http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/
                >Wsdl-soap.xsd - http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/
                >
                >Schemas were also fixed in couple places to match verbiage of the WSDL
                >spec. They were reviewed and approved by spec authors.
                >Please take a look and tell us if there are any problems.
                >
                >Thank you.

                Earlier versions of the schema used a sequence for the definitions
                element, now its a repeating choice, was there a specific reason to go
                away from requiring the elements in definitions to be in a specific
                order ?

                Tx
                Simon
                www.pocketsoap.com
              • Kirill Gavrylyuk
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                  Hi, Simon!
                  We felt that spec wording does not limit the order of definitions
                  children. So we put a sequence of choice elements to allow any order.
                  What do people think about it?

                  Thanks.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                    I'd prefer for as few as possible semantic changes to be made. The
                    fixed order is useful if you have a sax based processor for WSDL.

                    www.pocketsoap.com

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                      Kirill,

                      That's going to break some ppl who developed on the literal definition of
                      sequence (children of definitions) in the previous schema.

                      Thx,

                      -Matt Long
                      Phalanx Systems, LLC

                    • Kirill Gavrylyuk
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                        I see - sure, I don't think there is any problem with reverting it back.
                        Does everybody concur that schema for definitions element should be
                        reverted back to <sequence>?
                        Thanks